Grocery Manager The Good Life Grocery +2 more
- Date Posted August 04, 2020
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
The Good Life Grocery is a local small business dedicated to providing healthy, natural and fair-priced food to the San Francisco community. Working at The Good Life Grocery is not only about selling quality, healthy food but also about connecting with great customers and co-workers in a positive working and learning environment.Job description
The Good Life Grocery seeks a Grocery Manager with strong retail grocery and management experience and a passion for selling and promoting great food. Under the supervision of the Assistant General Manager and General Manager, the Grocery Manager will lead the Grocery Department and contribute to a customer-service focused workplace. Qualified candidates have a collaborative, “can do” spirit and at least 5 years of retail grocery management experience.
Skills/Proficiencies for this position:
- Retail grocery, product merchandising and purchasing experience
- Management experience in a retail environment with strong supervisory skills and great customer service expertise
- Great communication skills with customers, vendors, employees and managers
- Able to solve problems as they arise between employees and be able to implement successful solutions
- Understand and be interested in current natural food trends and grocery store merchandise practices
- Be detail oriented regarding store inventory, ordering and merchandising
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to train employees again and again
- Spanish speaking ability helpful for training and supervision, but not required
Responsibilities for this Position:
- Under the supervision of the Assistant GM and the GM, responsible for all aspects of the Grocery Department in the Bernal Heights store (Grocery includes: dry grocery, taxable grocery, dairy, bulk, refrigerated, and frozen foods
- Manage Grocery Department associates, creating a supportive, efficient and customer service focused workplace
- Flexible availability to work, including regularly helping to open and/or close the store
Merchandising and Logistics
- Oversee grocery inventory management, including all receiving procedures and price adjustments
- Manage the price labeling system for the shelving
- Oversee placement of all product merchandising, batch sales and ad information throughout store
- Ability to prepare and transmit all grocery orders to specific vendors on a regular basis
- Review invoices and purchase orders and negotiate with vendors for adjustments as needed
- Assure all grocery items are sold at the margins suggested by the General Manager or Assistant General Manager
- Suggest new items and any major resets to General Manager or Assistant General Manager
- Track movement and sales in the Grocery Department and make suggestions to improve store sets and displays
- Work closely with managers to prepare monthly sales ads and create incentives to push sales
- Supervise and train Grocery Department staff to perform at their best and know the grocery products well
- Report key issues management staff
- Participate in and contribute to manager’s meetings
Physical Capabilities and Job Demands: This position requires: standing for long periods of time; walking, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, squatting and reaching; ability to lift up to 50 lbs.; and repetitive use of hands. Employees must be physically present at the workplace/store and in strict adherence to attendance and punctuality requirements. Employees must be willing to work a flexible schedule including day, evening and weekend and overnight and holiday work, as needed to meet the demands of the store. Employees may be exposed to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezers, outdoors, etc.). Employees must wear Good Life Grocery uniform shirt or sweatshirt, or Good Life logo wear.
this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $55,000.00 - $65,000.00
Please click here to sign in and view application details.
Position includes medical and dental insurance, 401K, paid vacation, flexible scheduling, employee purchase discount, and commuter transit benefits.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline Attachment click here to download the attached document.