Deli Manager The Good Life Grocery +2 more
- Date Posted August 04, 2020
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
The Good Life Grocery is a local small business dedicated to providing healthy, natural and fair-priced food to the San Francisco community. Working at The Good Life Grocery is not only about selling quality, healthy food but also about connecting with great customers and co-workers in a positive working and learning environment.Job description
The Good Life Grocery seeks an experienced Deli Manager for our Potrero Hill store. The Deli Manager works closely with the General Manager to ensure the success of the department through excellent customer service, ordering and inventory controls, product quality, and supervisions of Deli Clerks. Your role as the Deli Manager is to effectively coordinate production, merchandising, and sale through planning, direction, communication, and teamwork. Working in our Deli Department requires food safety knowledge to properly maintain and manage industry standards. If you thrive in fast-paced environments, and are looking for a challenge, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities for this position:
- Manage inventory and pricing, including signage, to achieve sales and margin goals.
- Ensure all areas of department are stocked, rotated and faced, adhering to merchandising standards and category schematics.
- Receive and unload merchandise, do quality control, and communicate any issues to management and merchandising team.
- Coach department team to maintain and organized inventory according to company policy.
- Oversee food preparation, production, and merchandising standards.
- Manage department staff, assisting with interviewing and hiring, and responsible for training and performance management.
- Work with store management to understand and respond to current store trends.
- Assist customers with product selection, sharing product knowledge, and making suggestions based on customer needs.
- Supervise and maintain special order system, ensuring customer special orders are accurately placed and delivered.
- Coordinate with other managers to plan and conduct in-store tastings.
- Plan for weekly ads, events, and holidays using tools and reports.
- Responsible for department related administrative tasks, ensuring that department adheres to company invoice, credit, transfers and inventory procedures, and balance administrative tasks with presence on floor.
- Maintain professional vendor relationships.
- Act as Manager on Duty when assigned and perform other duties and tasks as needed.
Ideal candidate meets the following qualifications:
- Experience: At least 5 years of culinary, deli, restaurant or kitchen management experience. Cheese and Specialty Foods experience a plus.
- Strong Management Skills: You can manage processes and people effectively by building trust and creating a positive work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: You can motivate and convey corrective actions and performance reviews in a professional, constructive and timely manner.
- Multi-tasker: You are prepared and able to handle multiple requests, questions, and concerns simultaneously and you naturally prioritize which item needs to be resolved first.
- Detailed Oriented: Strong work ethic with a willingness to help wherever needed.
- Culinary Skills: You are passionate about food and take food preparation and creation seriously.
- Certifications: ServSafe Manager certification required We offer medical and dental insurance, 401K, flexible scheduling, employee purchase discount and commuter transit benefits.
Physical Capabilities and Job Demands: This position requires: standing for long periods of time; walking, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, squatting and reaching; ability to lift up to 50 lbs.; and repetitive use of hands. Employees must be physically present at the workplace/store and in strict adherence to attendance and punctuality requirements. Employees must be willing to work a flexible schedule including day, evening and weekend and overnight and holiday work, as needed to meet the demands of the store. Deli Manager must work some evening shifts, and at least one weekend shift per week is required. Employees may be exposed to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezers, outdoors, etc.). Employees must wear Good Life Grocery uniform shirt or sweatshirt, or Good Life logo wear.
this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $50,000.00 - $55,000.00
Please click here to sign in and view application details.
Position includes medical and dental insurance, 401K, flexible scheduling, paid vacation, employee purchase discount, and commuter transit benefits.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline Attachment click here to download the attached document.