Meat & Seafood Manager The Good Life Grocery +2 more
- Date Posted August 04, 2020
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
The Good Life Grocery is a local small business dedicated to providing healthy, natural and fair-priced food to the San Francisco community. Working at The Good Life Grocery is not only about selling quality, healthy food but also about connecting with great customers and co-workers in a positive working and learning environment.Job description
The Good Life Grocery seeks a Meat & Seafood Manager for our Bernal store. The Meat & Seafood Manager works closely with the Deli Manager and Store Management and is specifically responsible for managing Meat & Seafood Department inventory, in-stock levels, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor and other related operational processes to company standards. Excellent customer service, communication, multi-tasking and self-motivation skills are essential for this position to ensure the success of the department.
Primary responsibilities for this position:
- Direct and manage all functions and activities of the Meat & Seafood Department, including planning, ordering, preparing cutting lists, and processing meat and seafood according to sales history and product movement to maximize sales and gross profit.
- Handle and cut a variety of the department’s specialty meats and seafood throughout the day per customer requests and to maintain quality product levels, all while ensuring outstanding customer service at the counter, and by directing customers to product locations throughout the store whenever needed.
- Provide department associates with proper training and supervision and help to create a positive work environment in the department.
- Manage the inventory and ordering, enforcing and following department practices regarding the receiving, stocking and unloading and breaking down of product to ensure freshness and quality. Help manage labor costs and reduce losses due to shrink and damage.
- Maintain the overall appearance of the department, ensuring cases are well-merchandised and properly signed to ensure the highest quality products and supplies are available to complete tasks efficiently.
- Create recipes for prepared meat and seafood. Make meat and seafood items according to recipes and processes for preparing, assembling and mixing fresh ingredients.
- Monitor temperature of cases, shelves and storage areas and follow maintenance and sanitation procedures for coolers and freezers. Report any failures to the Store Manager.
- Follow proper cleaning and sanitation procedures, operating equipment in a safe and focused manner while tracking date and rotation of products and completing all necessary reports. Adhere to all local state and federal health regulation codes.
Ideal candidate meets the following qualifications:
- Experience: At least 5 years of culinary, deli, restaurant or kitchen management experience. Butcher experience a plus.
- Strong Management Skills: You can manage processes and people effectively by building trust and creating a positive work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: You can motivate and convey corrective actions and performance reviews in a professional, constructive and timely manner.
- Multi-tasker: You are prepared and able to handle multiple requests, questions, and concerns simultaneously and you naturally prioritize which item needs to be resolved first.
- Detail-oriented: Strong work ethic with a willingness to help wherever needed.
- Culinary Skills: You are passionate about food and take food preparation and creation seriously.
- Certifications: ServSafe Manager certification preferred.
Physical Capabilities and Job Demands: This position requires: standing for long periods of time; walking, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, squatting and reaching; ability to lift up to 50 lbs.; and repetitive use of hands. Employees must be physically present at the workplace/store and in strict adherence to attendance and punctuality requirements. Employees must be willing to work a flexible schedule including day, evening and weekend and overnight and holiday work, as needed to meet the demands of the store.Employees may be exposed to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezers, outdoors, etc.). Employees must wear Good Life Grocery uniform shirt or sweatshirt, or Good Life logo wear.
Position includes medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, 401K, flexible scheduling, employee purchase discount and commuter transit benefits.Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $20.00 - $24.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline Attachment click here to download the attached document.