Production Chef Beth's Farm Kitchen +2 more
- Date Posted August 04, 2020
- Location Old Chatham, NY
- Category Production
- Job type Full-Time
Beth’s Farm Kitchen (BFK) has been in operation for over 39 years and we produce over 80 different products in small batches - all by hand. We process and craft Jams, Jellies, Hot Sauces, Chutneys, Pesto’s, and Pickles.Job description
POSITION: PRODUCTION CHEF
PAY: Commensurate with Experience
HOURS: 35 to 40 hours per week
SCHEDULE: 9AM - 4PM, Monday - Friday
START DATE: Immediately
BENEFITS: Virtual School Hub for Children ages 5 - 17, Opportunity to buy into company health plan, Paid Time Off
We celebrate inclusivity and diversity in our business. We encourage people of color, people of all faiths, genders, and sexualities to apply. Bilingual Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply - multiple languages are always a plus. We welcome folks exiting the prison system - looking for an opportunity to move forward.
We want to work with folks who enjoy working with people, in a small team, at a steady pace, in a hot kitchen. Our family owned company is growing and we are looking for folks to grow with us. We all work hard and have fun - and we share a love of food!
COVID SAFE ENVIRONMENT
We have recently moved into a rural agricultural complex in Old Chatham, NY. We have 2,000 sqft of office space and a 5,000 sqft production facility. We transitioned to this space at the beginning of April, 2020. Our facility and role in the food system has afforded us the opportunity and privilege to continue working as an essential service throughout the pandemic. Though the country continues to be in economic crisis, and our business’ revenue streams have not returned to normal, the demand for shelf stable food products continues to increase. We have been able to work while adhering to safe social distancing and minimal mask usage due to the ample work space. Our industry's Good Food Manufacturing Practices work in parallel with CoVid prevention practices recommended by the State of NY’s Health Department.
- Follow recipes and schedule processes for the purpose of processing ingredients, batching and cooking products that will be hot filled, retorted or cold packed into jars or tubs.
- Ability to stay nimble when producing a range of products from micro batch to large scale.
- Innovate by creating efficiencies using cooking technique and technology for a diversity of products.
- Engage a team of production chefs, kitchen assistants, fillers and labelers by managing communication and expectations in a horizontal fashion (versus top down), for the purpose of meeting production, food quality and food safety outcomes.
- Maintain meticulous records for food safety and performance compliance.
- Perform under Good Manufacturing Practices and FISMA standards.
- Be a team player and step in to help others when needed, regardless of task - no divas please.
- Assist in the scaling and development of recipes for our business and that of clients.
- Work directly with the owners and production manager to improve processes, on-board projects, and maintain quality control.
- Certified in Acidified Foods, HACCP Certified and/or PCQI certification is desired but not necessary (as long as your willing to train for these certifications).
- You must be able to work on your feet all day - this is a physical job
- Working knowledge of Google Docs, basic spreadsheet skills and ability to make food related calculations are essential.
- Ability to work with all team members, customers, and vendors with professional demeanor.
- You must have a great attitude and take direction well
- You are organized, detailed oriented, and can be self-directed
- You can maintain a clean work spaces and equipment to meet health and safety standards
- You have the ability to use a scale and kitchen measurement tools
- You have a reliable form of transportation
- Experience cooking, processing food and/ or managing inventory controls are a plus
- Spanish language skills are a plus
Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $17.00 - $22.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline