Kitchen Assistant Position Beth's Farm Kitchen +2 more
- Date Posted August 04, 2020
- Location Old Chatham, NY
- Category Production
- Job type Full-Time
Beth’s Farm Kitchen (BFK) has been in operation for over 39 years and we produce over 80 different products in small batches - all by hand. We process and craft Jams, Jellies, Hot Sauces, Chutneys, Pesto’s, and Pickles.Job description
POSITION: KITCHEN ASSISTANT
PAY: $14 - $15 per hour
HOURS: 35 hours per week
SCHEDULE: 9AM - 4PM, Monday - Friday
START DATE: Immediately
BENEFITS: Virtual School Hub for Children ages 5 - 17, Opportunity to buy into company health plan, Paid Time Off
We celebrate inclusivity and diversity in our business. We encourage people of color, people of all faiths, genders, and sexualities to apply. Bilingual Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply - multiple languages are always a plus. We welcome folks exiting the prison system - looking for an opportunity to move forward.
We want to work with folks who enjoy working with people, in a small team, at a steady pace, in a hot kitchen. Our family owned company is growing and we are looking for folks to grow with us. We all work hard and have fun - and we share a love of food!
COVID SAFE ENVIRONMENT
We have recently moved into a rural agricultural complex in Old Chatham, NY. We have 2,000 sqft of office space and a 5,000 sqft production facility. We transitioned to this space at the beginning of April, 2020. Our facility and role in the food system has afforded us the opportunity and privilege to continue working as an essential service throughout the pandemic. Though the country continues to be in economic crisis, and our business’ revenue streams have not returned to normal, the demand for shelf stable food products continues to increase. We have been able to work while adhering to safe social distancing and minimal mask usage due to the ample work space. Our industry's Good Food Manufacturing Practices work in parallel with CoVid prevention practices recommended by the State of NY’s Health Department.
- Wash glass jars, pots & facilitate flow of needed items for the kitchen staff.
- Stock raw, dry and processed ingredients.
- Process fresh fruits and vegetables to prepare for production.
- Maintaining and organizing storage areas.
- Ability to step into work roles in the kitchen to cover for staff absences.
- Ability to operate a forklift or willingness to learn is an asset.
- Assist in cleaning of the facility on a daily basis.
- You must be able to work on your feet all day - this is a physical job
- Ability to work with all team members and delivery services with professional demeanor.
- You are able to perform production duties such as: manual lifting up to 50lbs, packaging, taping, labeling, and hand sorting
- You must have a great attitude and take direction well
- You are organized, detailed oriented, and can be self-directed
- You can maintain a clean work spaces and equipment to meet health and safety standards
- You have knowledge of basic math skills
- You have the ability to use a scale and kitchen measurement tools or are willing to learn
- You have a reliable form of transportation
- Experience cooking, processing food and/ or managing inventory controls are a plus
- Spanish and other language skills are a plus
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline