Childcare & Finished Goods Assistant Beth's Farm Kitchen +2 more
- Date Posted August 04, 2020
- Location Old Chatham, NY
- Category Production
- Job type Full-Time
Beth’s Farm Kitchen (BFK) has been in operation for over 39 years and we produce over 80 different products in small batches - all by hand. We process and craft Jams, Jellies, Hot Sauces, Chutneys, Pesto’s, and Pickles.Job description
We celebrate inclusivity and diversity in our business. We encourage people of color, people of all faiths, genders, and sexualities to apply. Bilingual Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply - multiple languages are always a plus. We welcome folks exiting the prison system - looking for an opportunity to move forward.
Our family owned company is growing and we are looking for folks to grow with us. We all work hard and have fun - and we share a love of food!
COVID SAFE ENVIRONMENT
We have recently moved into a rural agricultural complex in Old Chatham, NY. We have 2,000 sqft of office space and a 5,000 sqft production facility. We transitioned to this space at the beginning of April, 2020. Our facility and role in the food system has afforded us the opportunity and privilege to continue working as an essential service throughout the pandemic. Though the country continues to be in economic crisis, and our business’ revenue streams have not returned to normal, the demand for shelf stable food products continues to increase. We have been able to work while adhering to safe social distancing and minimal mask usage due to the ample work space. Our industry's Good Food Manufacturing Practices work in parallel with CoVid prevention practices recommended by the State of NY’s Health Department.
This is a new position that is directly related to the Covid pandemic. It has two distinct roles that will vary in ratio of hours depending on the school system's response to the Pandemic. A great deal of flexibility will be required for this individual and willingness to have the 2 distinct roles.
In order to plan for the high likelihood that physical school for children will be canceled, postponed and/ or conducted in a virtual hybrid model, we are creating a position to help guide our staff’s children through their day at the rural complex. We have access to office space that will allow us to create individual and/ or group meeting areas for virtual computer work and screen time. Our facility is located in a rural complex with ample access to woods, lawn and paved areas for outdoor play. At the moment we have a total of 5 to 6 children in the rural complex. Children are not allowed in the production facility.
We have 3 children that are ages 5 to 9. And 2 to 3 children that are ages 10 to 12, that are self guided through most of their day - with supervision from their parents. We are currently hiring for 2 other positions, which may increase the number of children present at the rural complex. We do not plan to have more than 10 children at the rural complex at any given time.
The other part of this position is to work in our packing and labeling area inside of the production facility, to help with all aspects of finishing products and getting them ready for sale or shipment.
Our plan is that with this combination of responsibilities, regardless of fluctuations in school schedule, we will have a steady supply of work hours to sustain the position.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Work primarily with our staff’s children (Ages 5 to 9), 4 to 5 hours per day - guiding them through a structured schedule at the office or on the grounds of the rural complex.
- You would not be required to develop the children’s daily structure, but may contribute to the plan if desired.
- Assist kids’ with their transitions from indoor and outdoor time and school versus recreational activities.
- Engage in mild supervision during outdoor play, engage in play with younger children who are not engaging with older children.
- Assisting them with their structured leisure or academic screen time. You would not be asked to teach, but to interact, answer or assist with questions regarding technical difficulties (E.g. Helping small children with headphones, Helping them log onto their school portals, etc.).
Finished Goods Assistant
- Assisting with labeling of products: this includes labeling of products, completing labeling logs and printing labels.
- Assisting with order fulfillment and shipping. This includes preparing packages for UPS, Fed Ex and USPS as well as collating wholesale orders for pickup or shipment.
- You must like children and exhibit patience and compassion
- You must be able to work on your feet all day - this is a physical job
- Ability to work with all team members in professional demeanor
- You are able to perform production duties such as: manual lifting up to 50lbs, packaging, taping, labeling, and hand sorting
- You must have a great attitude and take direction well
- You are organized, detailed oriented, and can be self-directed
- You can maintain a clean work spaces and equipment
- You have a reliable form of transportation
- Experience with computers is a plus, and a willingness to learn basic computer functions
- Spanish and other language skills are a plus