Bakery Operations Specialist Top Pot Doughnuts
- Date Posted August 05, 2020
- Location Seattle, WA
- Category Production
- Job type Full-Time
Founded in 2002 as a single coffee-shop on Capitol Hill, Top Pot Doughnuts has built an amazing following! Gaining rapid popularity since its inception, there are now 19 Top Pot cafes in the Puget Sound along with a thriving wholesale business. We take great pride in our house made doughnuts, fresh roasted coffee, and incredible staff that make it all possible.Job description
The person that fills this position is responsible for managing the entirety of the Top Pot bakery: a 24-hour operation that encompasses retail and wholesale production and delivery operations: hiring, scheduling and overseeing the work of personnel by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works schedule of forty hours or more. Start times and days off may vary. May work a split schedule including weekends and or holidays pursuant to local practices.
- Creatively motivated to both source and use available products to create new items for Top Pot.
- Maintains department records of productivity and inventory, including production schedules, time cards, accident reports, attendance records, absentee reports and maintenance work orders.
- Perform all position responsibilities following established GMP, Food Safety, Personal Safety and Quality policies and procedures. Familiarity with OSHA/FDA/Department of Agriculture.
- Continually negotiates with vendors for best pricing. Includes supplies for production and services rendered.
- Ensures compliance of employees with established security and recordkeeping procedures and practices.
- Implements proper health, safety and sanitation guidelines and addresses any concerns immediately; ensures bakery is clean and organized.
- Addresses all equipment issues immediately and communicates with necessary parties to coordinate necessary repair.
- Plans and prepares work schedules and assigns employees to specific duties.
- Ensures bakers are preparing doughnuts according to company recipes and standards.
- Determines variety and quantity of doughnuts to be produced.
- Monitors inventory of baked goods and supplies; determines and coordinates purchase of ingredients.
- Plans product and materials distribution to cafes and coordinates delivery with drivers.
- Develops and maintains productive, respectful and collaborative working relationships with peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Is available for and provides ongoing training and coaching, and communicates regularly with all bakery staff; possesses coaching/mentoring skills and blends support with accountability and challenging others to grow.
- Documents performance or behavior concerns of staff members via written write-ups, coaching documentation and/or goal setting.
- Adheres to and reinforces Top Pot policies, procedures and training guidelines.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Directly supervises all employees and vendors in the bakery, including delivery personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, evaluating wages and payroll; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing internal and external complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound reasoning and judgment
- Maintain positive working relationships with employees;
- Basic math skills and computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or 2 to five years’ experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have clear verbal and written communication skills; Ability to speak multiple languages a plus.
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated and have a creative mindset for problem solving and R&D.
- Maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or stress that come with a 24 hour/day operation.
- 95% Company sponsored Medical/Dental/Vision
- Generous Accrued PTO, Sick and Safe Leave, and Floating/Company Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Excellent company culture
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and talk or hear.
The work environment is typical of a commercial bakery environment and employees are constantly working around kitchen appliances such as deep fryers, mixers, etc. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, to slip hazards, hot surfaces and hot oil hazards. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline