Larchmont Farmer's Market Manager Down to Earth Markets
- Date Posted September 08, 2020
- Location Larchmont, NY
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Part-Time
Larchmont Farmers Market Manager
Part-time, $17/hour position available at our Larchmont Farmers Market on Saturdays from 6:30am-2pm located in the Larchmont Metro-North parking lot between Myrtle and Chatsworth Avenues with additional flexible hours outside of market day for flyering and community engagement opportunities.
- Supervising daily operations to assure a smooth and safe running market
- Coordinating with your fellow manager to create a dynamic team to cater to vendors and the community in a timely, accommodating fashion
- Enforcing market rules and regulations, including distancing shoppers, crowd control and keeping customer conversations brief
- Collecting and reporting market data and success metrics
- Setting up and breaking down the market manager tent and market signage
- Selling farmers market branded items
- Serving as a market host to welcome and engage shoppers, promoting good relations between vendors, our company, and the shoppers as a representative of Down to Earth Markets. Assisting shoppers and vendors with use of food access and nutrition programs (SNAP, FMNP).
- Engaging with shoppers and vendors to report successes, concerns and opportunities to Down to Earth Markets.
- Representing the farmers market at community events and through flyering distributions.
- Monthly conference call with other Market Managers your Operations Manager
Physical / logistical requirements:
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Bending and chalking spaces for vendors first thing in the morning
- Able to walk and stand for several hours at a time.
- Able to work in all weather conditions, e.g. heat, cold, rain, sun, wind, snow.
- Attend one annual Site Manager training at Down to Earth Market office in Ossining or digitally as scheduled.
- Complete two days of shadowing in advance of the market opening dates.
- Complete the required flyering shifts in advance of the markets’ opening date and during the course of the season.
- Arrive 1 ½ hours before the market start time to lead market set up and stay at least one hour past closing time to oversee breakdown and clean up.
- Communicate regularly with Operations and Marketing to ensure a steady flow of information between the office and the markets.
- Read weekly Site Manager Update, Shopper Email and other occasional communications.
- Receive and reply to last minute market updates relayed via e-mail, text or phone.
- Respond in a timely manner to communications from the office.
- Have use of a smartphone that can install and use Microsoft Teams, Pages, What'sGood and ADP Mobile for market-day communications and to post to Facebook.
- Access to reliable transportation.
Available to start immediately
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineOctober 01, 2020