Online Delivery Manager Grand Central Bakery
- Date Posted September 10, 2020
- Location Portland, OR
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
Grand Central Bakery ignited a bread revolution in 1989 by introducing rustic artisan loaves to Northwest tables. Values are at the heart of our company and sustainability touches everything we do - from where we buy ingredients to how we care for our employees and invest in our communities.
A Certified B Corporation, Grand Central Bakery is part of a global movement of organizations using business as a force for good.
As an essential business we have taken several measures to protect our employees and customers. All Grand Central Bakery employees receive reusable face masks, practice social distancing, use proper hand washing techniques, and have their temperature checked at the start of each shift. We have implemented practices including staggered breaks, strict room capacities, and frequent sanitation. In our cafes we are take-out only and have installed pick up windows and Plexiglas barriers to protect staff.Job description
Grand Central Bakery is now hiring for an Online Delivery Manager at our Fremont Café in beautiful Portland. OR.
The Online Delivery Manager oversees all operations supporting Grand Central Bakery’s mission to serve our customers delicious, authentic food made from high quality local and sustainable ingredients. Developing skilled and passionate employees who celebrate our customer’s choice to purchase Grand Central products is a core responsibility.
The Online Delivery Manager is directly responsible for all online delivery operations including staffing, training, quality control, communication, inventory management, facilities, budgeting and maintaining employee morale within the parameters of Grand Central’s mission and financial goals. The Online Delivery manager is responsible for maintaining relationships with third party delivery vendors and is the technical expert in online ordering systems.
Location: 714 N Fremont, Portland, OR 97227
Rate of Pay: $60,000 annual salary
Schedule: Full-time; Monday-Friday. Schedule flexibility, including weekends and holidays, may be required.
- Evaluates and maintains product quality through working knowledge of sandwich bar, coffee, bread, pastry and specials to educate and give feedback to the online delivery team
- Stays on top of all maintenance and safety standards to protect customers and employees
- Sets the bar for helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly customer service; ensures this standard is adhered to by all retail employees through training and coaching
- Acts as the main expert, coach, and trainer for all cafe systems
- Is the subject matter expert in online delivery software, including Square and third party systems (Door Dash, Postmates)
- Acts as the liason with third party delivery services as required
- Regularly works all cafe positions to serve as the main expert, coach, and trainer
- Proficient in completing the daily pastry prep and bake; able to fill in for the Pastry Baker as needed
- Manages the employee lifecycle from recruitment to departure; develops and nurtures talent to improve department operations and create future leaders
- Serves a vital role as a conduit for the positive, constructive flow of information between upper management and retail crew.
- Collaborates with supervisor and other Cafe Managers to maintain and improve retail policies and procedures
- Educates crew about numbers - sets specific goals to meet or exceed budget. Communicates goals clearly and monitors progress towards them.
- Oversee pars and ordering for all retail paper supplies, drinks, and food products
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to read, write, and speak English required
- At least 3 year’s managerial experience in a bakery, cafe or quick casual restaurant.
- Maintains a valid Food Handler's Card at all times
- Must demonstrate regular attendance by coming to work on scheduled working days and being on time
- HS diploma/GED preferred
- Basic math skills required
- Must display professionalism and personality with customers
- Stays thoughtfully busy at all times, regardless of customer flow
- A passion for delicious food and exceptional customer service
- Enthusiasm for and experience with developing employees
- Basic technical literacy including knowledge of Excel, Word, email and the ability to learn new ordering and inventory systems.
- Experience and expertise in all floor positions – customer service and sandwich production. Pastry production experience a plus.
Benefits and Perks
- Generous insurance contribution for employee and dependents
- Paid sick and vacation time
- Paid community time
- 401K plan
- Profit sharing
- Reimbursement for bike expenses
- Fun working environment
- Opportunities for growth
- Free bread!
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline