Content Marketing Specialist Market Hall Foods
- Date Posted September 19, 2020
- Location Oakland, CA
- Category Business / Media
- Job type Full-Time
If you’re tech savvy, love storytelling and have an insatiable curiosity for good food, the Content Marketing Specialist role could be perfect for you.This role is responsible for the day-to-day development of digital and print content for the Market Hall Foods Family of Businesses.
This role is heavily weighted toward digital content, like social media, blog posts, email newsletters and other online content, but you’ll also create menus, posters, in-store signage and lots of other marketing materials. As a Content Marketing Specialist, you will support the Marketing & Communications team in creating, organizing and distributing content that drives storytelling and promotion for our businesses across multiple marketing channels.
This Content Marketing Specialist will be critical to the success of the team, and you’re a great fit for the role if you love a good challenge, can juggle multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail, are highly analytical with a passion for testing and learning, but also enjoy using the creative half of your brain. Most importantly, we want a candidate who has a passion for food and writing.
The perfect candidate is a quick learner, takes initiative, and has a great eye for visual detail.
· Proactively gather information from internal stakeholders to help inform marketing initiatives
· Learn our voice and write, edit, produce and maintain content for Market Hall Foods family of websites, social media and printed marketing materials
· Contribute and help execute fun ideas for engaging content, campaigns and promotions
· Help produce and manage content calendar
· Keep websites and social media properties fresh with up-to-date content
· Preserve established visual and writing styles. Maintain best practices.
· Support new product launches with seasonal campaigns, while also producing evergreen content
· Photography: Take and edit photos. Learn about food styling and best practices. Assist with photo shoots and styling.
· Assist with digital asset management
· Produce and display printed marketing materials.
· Track and report on relevant metrics
· Help identify new opportunities for improving customers’ experience, both online and in-store
· Assist Marketing Manager with special projects.
· From tapping into the latest social media trend to exploring new ways to engage our community, this person will have their finger on the pulse of all things social media though in-depth interaction with our businesses and customers
· Produce and schedule content for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Yelp, Google, etc.
· Help manage customer comments and questions through social media platforms
· Analyze and report internally on the success of social campaigns and community growth
Skills & Qualifications:
· Excellent writer with superior grammar, spelling and proofreading skills
· A strong, authentic curiosity for good food
· Tech savvy – very comfortable with social media platforms, Microsoft Office products and Google Docs
· Good attention to detail
· Hustle. A proactive, problem-solving, ambitious mindset – the ability to thrive in a fast-paced workplace. Great at asking questions. If you don’t know how to do something, you’re resourceful in finding the answer and teaching yourself.
· You enjoy staying organized and hitting deadlines. You are able to effectively manage your time and able to multitask among multiple projects and teams when needed.
· Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence- the ability to build relationships and work effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
· You like to know the WHY behind your tasks and projects and you’re comfortable reviewing and analyzing the outcomes of your efforts, both quantitative and qualitative.
· A creative thinker and self-motivated
· 1-3 years of experience, recent college grads with Business/Marketing/Communications preferred
· Must be able to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time and lift 25 lbs
· Must always be hungry: for food; for knowledge; and for a little bit of crazy
- Experience in the Specialty Food Industry
- Experience with CMS systems (Joomla a plus)
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience with Mailchimp
We offer health and dental insurance, commuter benefits, a yearly flexible spending plan and 401k as well as 20% store discount and delicious free lunch!
Wage range is $22/hour–$30/hour, depending on skills and experience.Compensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Application instructions