Kitchen Manager Vita Kitchen
- Date Posted September 22, 2020
- Location Oakland, CA
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job type Full-Time
Vita Kitchen is a personalized meal delivery service based in Oakland, CA and serving the Bay Area.
Our menu selections change weekly and seasonally. We source our produce directly from local farms (our partners are Dirty Girl, Shao Shan and Ledesma farm). We are passionate about slow-food. We make all of our broths and sauces from scratch, as well as our own fermentation projects. We are constantly seeking new information and knowledge as it relates to food and cooking!
Environmental sustainability is also a large part of our company ethos. We package all of our meals family-style in reusable glass containers.
We have been in business for 2+ years, and many of our clients have been with us from the beginning. We pride ourselves in our client relations, and cater personally to our various clients dietary restrictions and health considerations.
We are looking for another experienced chef to join our team (currently we are four chefs). Must have at least 5+ years of working in a fast-paced professional kitchen environment. Some management experience is strongly preferred.
- Oversee and assist the kitchen staff in all aspects of food production
- Assist executive chef with menu writing and recipe development
- Manage inventory: oversee food ordering, and help to maintain consistent food budget
- Evaluate food products to ensure consistent quality standards
- Establish and maintain a regular maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment
- Be able to provide training and oversee kitchen staff
Some important personal qualities include: strong attention to detail, ability to work independently, timely and efficient, possess a positive work attitude, and a growth mindset. Must have proficiency using google drive for prep lists and menus.
Weeks may vary slightly but schedule will be approximately 4 days/week cooking and overseeing in the kitchen cooking with 1 day/ week for admin work.
This is a full time position, 40hrs/week. Pay is commensurate with experience, minimum $30/hr.
We also may have part-time positions available at this time.Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $30.00 - $35.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline