Farmhand Granor Farm
- Date Posted September 22, 2020
- Location Three Oaks, MI
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
Granor Farm, located in Three Oaks, MI, grows Certified Organic vegetables, herbs, flowers & grains on approximately 250 acres. We also have two flocks of laying hens. We market through an on-site farmstand, CSA program, and area restaurants/grocery stores. We offer extensive programming including weekly Taste of Granor dinners (made by our in-house chef), a seasonal product line, workshops, and a children’s farm camp. We are currently expanding our grain operation and have a relationship with a local organic distillery to produce a 100% organic rye whiskey. Granor is located in the heart of Southwest Michigan's Harbor Country, close to Lake Michigan beaches and vibrant small towns, just 90 miles from Chicago.Job description
Granor Farm is seeking highly motivated and experienced individuals to join our team. For the right candidate, there is potential for promotion within our farm as we expand our operations.
Farmhands will participate in all aspects of organic vegetable production, from seed to market. Responsibilities include weeding, watering, seeding, transplanting, harvesting and post-harvest handling.
Additional farm chores involve greenhouse and hoop house management, general farm chores, and care of hens.
- Willingness to work outdoors and in all weather conditions. Hours shift seasonally.
- Adhere to our safety precautions during Covid. This includes wearing a mask, social distancing, hand-washing and not coming to work sick or if exposed to a sick person.
- 1 + years working on a farm, preferably organic.
- Experience operating small tractors, common farm tools and small hand tools.
- Ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs. Bending, standing and lifting for long periods of time is part of the job.
- A qualified candidate will possess a strong work ethic, positive attitude, physical fitness and a good sense of humor.
- Desire to become a part of the Harbor Country community long-term a must.
- Must love working in a team environment and actively participate in internal customer service among the team.
- Strong attention to detail and a love of keeping things tidy, organized and clean.
- Absolutely must be a non-smoker
- Have a valid driver’s license, must be 18 years or older
- Experience with IPM, utilizing cover crops and knowledge of the rules and best practices associated with being a Certified Organic farm.