Warehouse & Fulfillment Team Member Big Spoon Roasters
- Date Posted October 10, 2020
- Location Durham, NC
- Category Business / Production
- Job type Full-Time
This role requires a safety-minded, industrious, detail-oriented person with a strong work ethic, sharp organizational skills, computer literacy, creative problem-solving skills, positivity, and teamwork. The initial opportunity is part-time, but may evolve into a full-time role.
- Prepares packaging materials for daily production and fulfillment.
- Fills orders using a variety of different equipment and packaging configurations.
- Assists Production with various elements of food manufacturing.
- Assists Warehouse & Shipping Team Lead in monitoring warehouse inventory for shortages, errors, and safety concerns.
- Performs Daily/weekly/monthly maintenance and cleaning of select production and warehouse equipment.
- Assists with contacting shipper(s) and arranging for pickup.
- Receives and logs inbound materials and files packing slips.
- Loads outbound materials onto trucks and freight vehicles.
- Operates and maintains forklift and other tools required for storage and fulfillment.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to stand or walk 8 hours per day
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. many times throughout the day
- Ability to be self-directed when needed, but comfortable taking direction and asking questions
- Strong commitment to teamwork
- Proficiency in basic mathematical skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and fractions to be able to calculate square footage, etc.
- Ability to read a ruler to within 1/16 of an inch and accurately use a calculator to measure and calculate effectively
- Dependability regarding attendance, start time, and completion of work
- A clear understanding of, and commitment to, Big Spoon Roasters’ values and mission
- Proficiency with shipping software, Google Docs (cloud computing), and Microsoft Office
- Positive attitude and a proactive approach to contributing to our collective success!