Restaurant Manager The Novel Kitchen by curds&co; +2 more
- Date Posted October 12, 2020
- Location Brookline, MA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
We are looking to hire an experienced full-time restaurant manager to oversee the day to day operations of The Novel Kitchen by curds & co. Founded through a partnership with the Brookline Booksmith, The Novel Kitchen is an innovative eatery built for the “new normal”, featuring artisanal seasonal plates and snacks for sit-in or to-go dining, along with a small retail specialty food and houseware section.
The manager will be in charge of running the day-to-day operations, including managing the staff and working with customers, handling ordering and managing inventory. We expect the manager to have a passion for fine food, deep knowledge of all the menu items and retail products, a strong attention to detail, the ability to lead a team to success, and knowledge of food handling procedures. The manager must demonstrate stellar management and leadership skills, phenomenal customer service skills, and the ability to recognize and delegate tasks to the rest of the staff to ensure efficient and successful day to day operations. This position would be well-suited to those from the restaurant/culinary world who are looking to have a schedule that is centered in daytime hours.
- Managing inventory, in particular creating strong systems to regulate the flow of inventory which can be easily followed by other staff members.
- Handling money, processing payments through our POS system (Revel), doing bank deposits, counting the drawer at the end of the day.
- Fully understanding the POS system (and troubleshooting if necessary), as well as training other staff
- Running the social media for The Novel Kitchen, including creating strategy and delegating operations, content and strategy
- Delegating daily tasks to staff while keeping in mind the the bigger picture
- Creating weekly work schedules and coordinating staffing issues, schedule and lead all staff meetings.
- Ordering everything needed for the location, including food service items, all kitchen ingredients, paper goods and all retail items being sold on the floor, as well as creating a clear and replicable system of ordering items.
- Receiving inventory (or delegating to other staff), which entails checking in all items, checking dates and quality before accepting goods, and taking the proper action when a product is out of date, damaged, or incorrect.
- Suggesting new menu items, adjusting the menu, as well as adjusting menu items on the fly in the event an ingredient or product is out of stock.
- Have demonstrated stellar management and leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and lead a team.
- Have a passion for customer service
- Be organized and have a sharp eye for detail
- Have strong communication skills
- Be excited about recipe development and leading a talented team to success
- Keep calm under pressure and maintain professionalism
- Be open to feedback from customers and staff
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Be energized by problem-solving and dealing with unexpected situations
- Have Serv Safe Certified Manager/food storage and handling expertise
- Have earned a High School diploma, a Bachelors Degree preferred
- Have had previous restaurant/food service experience
- Have had previous management experience (preferably 2 years minimum)
- Be knowledgeable and experienced in the dining and hospitality industry.
Curds & Co is a small but diverse team of driven, dedicated individuals committed to our mission of bringing cheese and happiness to the people. We value open communication, honesty, integrity and bringing your whole self to work.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline