Floor Captain GioBatta Alimentari +1 more
- Date Posted October 16, 2020
- Location Tivoli, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Part-Time
GioBatta Alimentari is looking to hire a part-time floor captain with an energetic personality and a can-do attitude. We are a local family-owned business, so we pride ourselves on friendly customer service and catering to our incredible community, as well as our visitors from afar. The desired applicant should love interacting with people, have a strong work ethic, enjoy working as a team and have an eye for detail. One must be able to perform quickly and efficiently; we get very busy so a sense of urgency is a must, as well as the ability to prioritize the needs of the business. Each day includes engaging in customer service, assisting to expedite carryout orders, table orders, managing cleanliness, being the go-to for all staff and customers, and more!
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Set the service team up for success each shift
• Work well under pressure
• Manage workflow
- Maintain a positive attitude to support both a positive customer service experience and to keep team members motivated. Hold team members accountable for the customer experience they provide.
• Work alongside team members on the floor to support team members and to constantly review the store environment to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement. Help increase sales and showcase seasonal offerings.
• Manage to GioBatta Standards. Manage with integrity, honesty, and knowledge of the Alimentari market.
- Continued education and research on the menu offerings including Italian cuisine, wine, beer, spirits.
- Delegate and communicate responsibilities to team members to keep the dining room clean and operating smoothly. Create an opening and closing checklists for team members.
• Develop and support team members to achieve their goals at GioBatta.
• Hire and train new team members on processes of service, POS operation, etc. • Ensure food quality and food safety. Maintain high sanitation and quality control standards especially in this COVID environment.
This position requires previous experience in supervising a team:
• Supervision – 1-2 years
• Waiter service experience in a full service restaurant environment – 1-2 years
- Barista/Coffee experience – 1-2 years
• ServSafe Manager Certificate
We are looking for these skills:
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing
• Ability to use various software applications, including MS Word, Excel, Google Docs
• Demonstrated experience at building community relationships
• Ability to manage market operations independently
• Ability to train and document training of team members
• Ability to manage multiple situations simultaneously
• Ability to manage resources effectively and ensure service levels are achieved at all times
• Strong organization and planning skills
• Strong operational skills in a customer-service environment
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Team building skills
• Leadership skills with the ability to coach and mentor team members
• Ability to plan and prioritize workload
• Ability to handle and keep confidential sensitive information
We are looking for a floor captain to provide coverage during dinner service. The schedule for this position is Part Time, 20hr work week Thurs-Sunday, 5pm-10pm. Times may vary depending on business needs. Time off is not permitted during November and December and the Floor Captain must be present during those critical holiday months.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline