Ecommerce Team Manager Levain Bakery +3 more
- Date Posted November 12, 2020
- Location Queens, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Competitive swimmers and triathletes, Pam Weekes and Connie McDonald passed their grueling workouts by engaging in passionate conversations about starting their own company and baking, which ultimately inspired them to leave their respective careers in fashion and finance. They opened a small bread shop in 1995, which they named Levain Bakery.
One day, they created an ultimate chocolate chip walnut cookie to give them energy while training for a triathlon. They decided to sell a batch in their bakery, and they flew off the shelves. An icon was born. The cozy shop on West 74th Street in New York City quickly became a neighborhood favorite and a destination for epicurious travelers from around the world, hungry for the world-famous six-ounce cookies.
From the start they baked everything fresh on-site each day and donated the day’s leftovers to charity each night, actions that remain solidly in place almost 25 years later. Levain Bakery now has eight locations with more to come, plus ecommerce gift boxes, and more delicious bites of joy in the works!
We strive every day to embody our company’s five core values: Community, Fun, Integrity, Kindness, and Heart and are excited to welcome new team members to help bring a little piece of Levain cookie love to recipients in New York and beyond!Job description
The Ecommerce Team Manager collaborates with the Ecommerce General Manager to supervise team members and serves as the manager-on-duty when the General Manager is not available. In addition, the Ecommerce Team Manager helps liaise with our delivery vendor, serves as the first point-of-contact for customer service inquiries, and takes a leading role fulfilling our corporate and party-favor orders. The ideal candidate has strong management instincts and is a skilled relationship builder.
What you’ll do:
- Supervise team members, stepping in to support the production line as challenges arise or when volume demands; you’re responsible for setting a positive tone for each shift.
- Coach and develop team members, helping to identify and address areas of improvement as well as cultivating high-potential team members.
- Support management with administrative and financial tasks as needed.
- Act as the lead customer service liaison and field inquiries for corporate orders and party favors; ensure these are added to the production queue and all necessary follow up is sent in a timely manner.
- Work efficiently and accurately while ensuring all Department of Health food and safety standards are met.
What we’re looking for:
- Prior customer service, retail, or ecommerce/merchandise experience required.
- Passion for what you do – you take pride in playing a behind the scenes operational role and understand the positive impact your work can have on someone’s day.
- Adaptability and flexibility – you recognize that in the food and shipping industries, anything can – and will – happen and you’re able to calmly spot and troubleshoot issues.
- Eye for detail – you sweat the small stuff; it’s important to you that the favors and gift boxes you make are accurate and aesthetically appealing.
- Collaborative spirit and commitment to Levain’s core values – you’re a team player and willing to lend a hand or elevate those around you. You add your own individuality to an already positive and uplifting work environment.
- A good sense of humor doesn’t hurt either!
- Full-time; Sundays through Thursdays 11am - 7pm
- $18-20/hour with quarterly bonus potential
- Dynamic work environment with a warm and supportive team
- Health, vision, dental insurance with employer-funded HRA
- Additional supplemental benefits: transit benefits, dependent care account, pet insurance, etc.
- Paid time off (after waiting period)
- 401K with company match (after waiting period)
- Opportunity for career development
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline