Operations Coordinator Hudson Kitchen
- Date Posted November 17, 2020
- Location Kearny, NJ
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Our Core Values are:
● Ensure owners have the tools, knowledge, and foundational support to propel themselves to new heights
● Translate and demystify the B2B obstacles that are inhibiting business growth
● Collaborate to create, inspire, and grow food business aspirations and help turn them into reality
● The world can be messy, muddled, and overwhelming, so we avoid distractions and detractions in favor of additive interactions
● Through integrity and honor, keep a mutually beneficial environment for our partners by making big promises and then keeping them
● Understand the challenges that face businesses that find themselves at an inflection point (because we’ve been there) Job description POSITION OVERVIEW
Djenaba Johnson-Jones is the CEO and Founder of Hudson Kitchen, a food business incubator that boasts 8,000 square feet of production, storage, and co-working space for brands ready to start, grow, and scale their business. Djenaba is looking for an experienced
Operations Coordinator to support her with the day to day operations of Hudson Kitchen. This is an organizational and administrative role with an influence on our mission and values so the selected candidate will have a passion for community engagement. The candidate should have a strong understanding of operations, project management, and possess strong competencies to develop processes.
This is an in-person role in Kearny, NJ, so you must be based in the New York Metropolitan area for this role. The position also requires flexibility in working some evenings and weekends based on a set monthly schedule.
YOU’RE PERFECT FOR HUDSON KITCHEN IF:
● You have 2+ years of experience in operations and/or communications.
● You have a bachelor's degree (culinary degree and/or professional kitchen experience a plus).
● You can interact with members and build relationships with them while ensuring their needs are being met.
● You are a self-starter, eager to take initiative and anticipate the needs of the leader.
● Learning new technology comes easily to you. You are tech savvy and have an understanding of online business tools.
● You take ownership of your actions - you admit when you are wrong or when you’ve made a mistake.
● You exude a high level of professionalism and emotional maturity.
● You can think creatively to problem-solve and navigate through a roadblock.
● You are a believer in our core values.
● You value and promote diversity and inclusion.
● You are compassionate and dependable.
● You pride yourself on being resourceful. Before asking a question, you naturally look for ways to find the answer independently.
● You are an excellent communicator - proactive in outreach and professional in delivery.
● You naturally anticipate needs and wrap up loose ends. You live for solving problems before they even exist.
● You are a lifelong learner who enjoys reading articles, books, listening to podcasts and/or taking courses.
● You have the ability to lift 50+ lbs.
OPERATIONS + TECH
● Email management (i.e. Organize the inbox, responding to emails, notifying the CEO about urgent requests).
● Calendar management (i.e. manage the CEO’s business and personal calendars; schedule meetings and appointments).
● Answer direct inbound communication - phone, email; monitor inbound, and outbound mail
● Supplies Management (i.e. track, order, and organize office and kitchen supplies).
● Facilities and Equipment Maintenance (i.e. schedule planned equipment and facilities maintenance and track repair status; schedule laundry pickup and delivery)
● Manage the Facility Tour Calendar (i.e. schedule and confirm tours with prospective members; update lead tracking spreadsheet).
● Schedule website and social media updates; resize images; monitor metrics
● Greet and welcome members and guests as they enter the space.
● Guide tours through our space for prospective members.
● Engage with members (i.e. inbound and outboard communication).
● Create and send members the weekly email newsletter using the provided template.
● Attending virtual and/or in person events (i.e. once deemed safe due to Covid-19).
● Manage member orientation and onboarding (i.e. conduct orientation sessions and manage member onboarding).
● Manage the Facebook group for the online course (i.e. answer customer questions, provide FAQs etc.).
● Document internal processes for productivity.
● Collect member paperwork ensuring that insurance, licensing, and certifications are up to date and organized within shared files.
● Manage podcast outreach (i.e. invite guests to speak, schedule guests, and ensure files are edited and distributed, monitor podcast metrics).
● Microsoft Office
● G-Suite (Sheets, Docs)
● Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin
● Zoho Social or equivalent software
WHY THIS POSITION IS AWESOME
Working with Hudson Kitchen provides the opportunity to partner with a company who helps pioneer entrepreneurial communities while collaborating with diverse businesses.
When you work with us you will:
● Get to take projects from idea to execution in a matter of days and/or weeks.
● Get the opportunity to engage with diverse groups of people and businesses.
● Learn what goes into helping brands start, grow, and scale their businesses.
● Get the opportunity to grow and develop with our company.
● Get paid learning opportunities (i.e. online courses, events etc.).
● Get paid vacation and sick days.
● Get paid health insurance
● Get a monthly meal stipend (Food is love and we take it seriously). Compensation this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $35,000.00 - $40,000.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineNovember 30, 2020