Chef Manager Guckenheimer
- Date Posted November 20, 2020
- Location Ottawa, KS
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Food. Cooking. Creativity. We are all about ingredients, culinary innovation and nourishing inspiration. Guckenheimer is a national food service management company that has pioneered restaurant style, healthy dining in the workplace. We also encourage our team members to join in community events like the Chef Ann Foundation in support of the #RealSchoolFood campaign, which promotes cooking healthy meals with real ingredients in our school system.Job description Chef Manager - Full Time - in Ottawa, KS
CONNECTING PEOPLE THROUGH REAL FOOD
Food. Cooking. Creativity. Is this your life? Do you believe that commitment unlocks unlimited potential?
We are the perfect Company to launch or further your career. Working at Guckenheimer as a Chef Manager is not your typical foodservice experience; we are all about great ingredients, culinary innovation and nourishing inspiration.
To start, our people are simply the best. Our fair, team-based culture encourages our teams to work hard, collaborate and have fun. Our chefs are compulsive creators and that energy flows throughout the company; everyone works together to improve, innovate and be the best.
We encourage you to apply to our Chef Manager opportunity and bring your knowledge and passion of high quality food and customer service to our culinary program
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Not only are you creating imaginative (and delicious!) menus each and every day, you also know how to make your customers feel at home. You are a people person and a culinary wizard all in one. You are the brand representative of Guckenheimer for your team and for your client. You are leading a team and responsible for efficiently overseeing culinary and operation functions within the guidelines established by the client organization, health department, state regulations as well as Guckenheimer’s standards and expectations.
- Oversee the purchase, preparation and execution of high-quality, cost-effective food service.
- Hire, train and schedule staff. Participate in corporate training and be involved in staff development programs.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and timely accounting and financial records within your operating budget.
- Maintain sanitary and safe operation in accordance with Federal, State and local health regulations, including following HACCP guidelines to prevent food borne illnesses.
- Represent the company in a courteous, friendly manner.
- Engage with your customers, listen to feedback, and make changes to meet the needs of both clients and customers.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 #.
- Position requires use of a computer terminal up to 6 hours per day at intervals.
- Employee must be able to work on their feet 8 hours per day excluding breaks.
- Employee must be able to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods.
Reports to: Area Manager
Reporting to this position: all staff
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years management and culinary experience in mid-volume food service or multi-unit food environment.
- Experience managing a team of 25+ employees (hourly and salaried).
- Computer and technology literate with working knowledge of Google Docs, Microsoft Office, online inventory systems, and email.
- Food service training and leadership in food preparation techniques according to HACCP.
- Successful coaching and teaching skills with peers, individuals, and teams.
- Execution of restaurant merchandising and marketing for service preparation and presentation.
- Effectively communicate and present information to customers, clients and employees.
- Graduate of an accredited Culinary Institution or Hospitality program preferred.
We offer fantastic health and wellness benefit options that include but not limited to medical, HSA, a rewarding wellness program, dental, vision, FSA, commuter benefits, EAP, free meal each day, free pair of safety shoes at time of hire, and much more. Guckenheimer's own Learning Management System at your fingertips and a yearly tuition reimbursement program will enable you to enhance your career development in your new and exciting position with Guckenheimer!
Guckenheimer embraces equal opportunity employment
Guckenheimer participates in the E-Verify Program, as required by law Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineDecember 19, 2020