Development Associate Georgia Foundation for Agriculture
- Date Posted December 02, 2020
- Location Atlanta - Macon, GA
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
Visit www.GaFoundationAg.org for more information. Job description
The Development Associate is ambitious, detail oriented with a proven track record in successful fundraising for nonprofit missions. S/he is a strong writer and has the ability to identify and secure new sources of funding through proper grant writing and management. S/he also has the ability to manage behind-the-scenes communications with existing donors and plan special events. S/he is excited by the opportunity to grow the Georgia Foundation for Agriculture by working with the Executive Director to develop and execute a creative fundraising strategy that will increase our annual revenue to $1.4 million.
Essential duties include the following:
Grant Writing & Grants Management
- Research and identifying new sources of support (including private, corporate and government grants) to support the executive director’s portfolio of donors
- Support the grant application process of drafting high-quality foundation/corporation letters of inquiry, grant proposals, and reports that make a strong case for investing in our mission
- Prepare supporting materials for grant proposals
- Support the ongoing grant process by tracking grants and deadlines
Donor Research, Management & Gift Processing
- Assist in donor prospect research, communications and acknowledgments with strong attention to detail
- Timely and accurate gift processing and donor record management
- Provide excellent donor service – acknowledgment letters and other communications
- Research and evaluate donor data and trends to develop strategies and measure outcomes
- Offer new and innovative ideas for engaging and recognizing different groups of individual donors
- Support the executive director in securing more major gifts by identifying donors for major gifts.
Communication & Events
- Assist in the development of seasonal/annual gift campaigns
- Support the planning and execution of special events (virtual and in person)
- Communicate with current and past donors through the development of a newsletter and annual report
- If asked to speak with local media, consult with Executive Director prior for guidelines.
- Comply with State/Federal Health regulations and safety standards for COVID-19.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
QUALIFICATION, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A Bachelor’s Degree; 3-5 years of nonprofit fundraising experience or 2-3 years grant writing experience, including private foundations and government; a proven track record of creating effective fundraising strategies for diverse revenue streams, to all include the following:
- High level of accuracy; excellent attention to detail
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills (During interview process, we will request a writing sample)
- Expertise in Microsoft or comparable spreadsheet software, and mail merge
- Experience with remote meeting software (Zoom, GoToMeeting)
- Passion for the mission of Georgia Foundation for Agriculture
- Experience with donor management software (Raiser edge, bloomerang) or other online fundraising CRM (Salesforce)
- Experience with estate planning & planned giving
- Prior experience working remote
Primary Remote Work Location. Drive to Foundation Office in Macon, GA as needed for gift processing, events, and internal meetings.
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT:
Position currently funded for at least 2 years with a grant. Two-year position with opportunity for growth or renewal. Position beginning January 2021.
EOE M/F/D/V AA
this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $45,000.00 - $50,000.00
job can be done remotely