Cheesemonger in Training Greenwich Cheese Company +1 more
- Date Posted January 07, 2021
- Location Cos Cob, CT
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Sourcing Food with Integrity
We love supporting the American cheesemaker, as well as other artisan food producers nationwide and smaller production traditional cheeses worldwide. We forge relationships with small farms, cheesemakers, importers, and distributors to bring you the finest cheese and specialty foods available. Our goal is to curate the best examples of classic European cheeses we can find and the most delicious New World cheeses being made today. The cheese has to be delicious but equally important it must be made in traditional ways and honor the animals, the land and the people who work it.
We believe the food system in this country needs improvement, and by supporting the cheesemakers who do things right, we can affect change. We want to help family farms and help preserve traditional foods, not large corporations. It is food that is healthier for us, better for the environment and supports our rural communities. Job description Are you passionate about good food? Have you recently left a restaurant job? Greenwich Cheese Company is hiring cheesemongers in training. We have full-time and part-time positions available in our Greenwich location.
We are looking for several hard-working, responsible people. Excellent customer service skills are a must and passion for good food is essential.
We are willing to teach you everything we know about cheese and cheesemongering in a supportive, fun environment. It is a great job for former restaurant people.
- 1 week paid vacation after 12 months of employment (for full-timers)
- Paid sick days
- Farm and producer trips
- 30% employee discount
- Is passionate about real food, especially cheese
- Provides excellent customer service, makes customers feel welcome and special.
- Is hardworking, never idle, and self-motivated
- Food handling and preparation experience preferred
- Is driven to learn and is a quick study
- Be able to work weekends and occasional evenings
- Not afraid to pick up a mop
- Can lift 50lbs
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline