Sourcing Associate Rethink Food
- Date Posted January 09, 2021
- Location New York City, NY
- Category Business / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
Launched in 2017 by chef Matt Jozwiak, who saw firsthand how much good food from restaurants goes underutilized, Rethink Food developed a process to transform excess food from restaurants, corporate kitchens, and grocery stores into nutritious meals and distribute them via community-based organizations (CBOs). With food insecurity escalating and restaurants facing widespread closures during Covid, Rethink Food leveraged its experience as a food rescue and distribution model to launch Rethink Certified, a partnership program with a two-fold purpose: to feed communities and keep restaurants in business. In exchange for preparing community meals, Rethink Food provides grants to restaurants which supports a portion of their operating and staffing costs.
Launched in April 2020, the Rethink Certified program has invested $10M into 35+ independent restaurants to date, providing over 2 million meals for those facing food insecurity. Rethink Food has developed a technology platform to allow CBOs and restaurant partners to communicate directly, in real time, to coordinate logistics, allowing Rethink Certified to rapidly scale. Rethink Food has also launched a donation-based café in Brooklyn to provide access to nutritious meals for those in the community.
- Assists with managing and logging in-kind donations to Rethink’s database
- Coordinates, manages and troubleshoots transportation and scheduling of shipment logistics
- Assists with communications to partnerships, letters to donors; files, organizes and completes clerical needs
- Collaborates with the team to work through creative solutions to effectively answer client questions, provide guidance, troubleshoot and resolve issues, and route feedback.
- Updates operational documents and systems of protocol as operations change
- Serves as point of contact for vendor management and logistical troubleshooting of day-to-day transportation logistics
- Assists operations as they pertain to special projects (e.g. partnerships, operational initiatives, etc.)
- Assists management of relationships with partners, vendors and food donors
- Manages inventory levels, ensures that changes in inventory are promptly and accurately recorded in internal supply chain systems.
- Uses data management software (Salesforce, Xylem, Tookan) to support logistical decisions and coordination of tasks
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Suggested bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in a supporting role at a fast-paced organization preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google Suite, Salesforce experience preferred but not required
- Excellent time management, organization, problem-solving and research skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills.
- Must have high level of systems aptitude
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Positive attitude, show concern for people and community, and demonstrate self-confidence, common sense, and excellent listening skills.
- Must embrace the mission and core values of Rethink Food.
As a values-driven organization that values the well-being of our team, we’re committed to continually evaluating and improving the employee benefits we provide for our exceptional staff. Rethink is able to offer a range of benefits available to all full-time staff that include generous paid-time off, health insurance, and an array and a range of additional voluntary benefits including: dental, vision, retirement plans, commuter benefits, short-term and long-term disability insurance, portable life insurance, critical illness insurance, legal assistance insurance, hospital indemnity insurance, Health Saving Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and prepaid college funds.
What You Bring to the Table:
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineFebruary 05, 2021