Fresh Produce Buyer Natoora
- Date Posted January 10, 2021
- Location Los Angeles, CA
- Category Business / Production
- Job type Full-Time
Natoora is committed to revolutionizing the supply of fruit & vegetables and actively shaping the future of food for the better. We actively seek to re-educate the way people think about and consume fresh produce. We have spent over 15 years connecting capital cities with flavors that would otherwise be lost forever. Delivering truly seasonal produce to over 800 restaurants and some of the world’s finest chefs and top-class retailers in London, New York and Paris, as well as expanding to Home Delivery upon the onset of 2020 pandemic, further accelerating our goal to create a more meaningful food system, preserving growing traditions, by the hand of a more demanding and discriminating consumer base.Job description
We are looking for a Fresh Produce Buyer based in Los Angeles. The US market is one of our key strategic priorities, with solid experience in fresh produce, reporting to region head you will be integral in the development of a unique procurement network in CA, as part of one of the most innovative companies in our sector. This highly visible role will be instrumental in achieving our purpose: revolutionizing our food system through our commitment to flavor and operational excellence.
- Develop/maintain relationships with growers in the CA region and potentially beyond
- Manage bulk produce purchasing, including placing orders, product pick-up and quality inspection, and scheduling of weekly freight deliveries and logistics planning as required.
- Communicate weekly with farmers to place orders, learn of new offerings, seasonal updates or changes and provide quality feedback, request credits if/when necessary.
- Drive commercial van to pick-up/drop-off product, maintaining optimal produce temperature, reporting monthly metrics, and scheduling occasional maintenance.
- Engage in weekly team meetings and collaborate with NY sales team and CA region head to identify high-priority farms and products, negotiate target product prices and terms, and otherwise reach company goals.
- Maintain warehouse food safety documentation, farmer certifications, packaging inventory and replenishment as needed, and stock of office supplies.
- As required (and as Covid-19-based restrictions permit) travel to onboard new farms, groom existing farm relationships, attend educational events, take product pictures for brand team, and consolidate produce at distant drop points when necessary.
- Manage administrative transactions and region’s expense reports.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Our ideal candidate is super passionate about fresh produce, incredibly hard working and solution-driven, understands the need to be hands-on with product in order to deliver an outstanding customer experience, and has the ability to grow into a management role. As such, our successful candidate will have the following traits:
- 2-3 years fresh produce purchasing/procurement experience
- Passion for high-quality produce and ecological agriculture
- A growth mindset with an start-up attitude and mentality
- Established relationships with SoCal/NorCal farms outside of farmers markets is a plus
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Detail-oriented and strong decision maker, even when under pressure
- Computer savvy, proficient in Microsoft Office, priority on Excel, G-Suite
- Candidates will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the US
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, Europe-based vacation time standards, excellent training, and the opportunity to create a career, as you are part of a team in a key development region for Natoora.
Except when dictated by sourcing and/or physical movement of produce, given the current Covid-19 pandemic, a good amount of responsibilities for this role could be performed remotely.
At Natoora we pride ourselves in offering our staff a dynamic and supportive working environment.
Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineMarch 31, 2021