Protein Analyst Chipotle Mexican Grill +2 more
- Date Posted January 11, 2021
- Location Newport Beach, CA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
The Protein Analyst is responsible for the allocation of volume among Chipotle’s supplier base, analyzing to determine the optimal balance of price and lead time within product availability constraints. This person works closely with suppliers, building a relationship directly with them, and supports the Procurement team through the onboarding of new suppliers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage optimal allocation of Chipotle’s total forecast amount with a focus on protein suppliers, optimizing for price, transportation efficiency, and total volume.
- Communicate the forecast and allocation to suppliers and build tracking to ensure each supplier’s capacity meets Chipotle’s need.
- Manage direct relationships with suppliers and maintain transparency into product availability and forecasted production, maintaining a strong relationship with regular communication.
- Maintain reporting and analysis of industry trends and commodity markets. Submit reports to the broader team as part of a regular category review.
- Identify potential product shortages or pricing inefficiencies and propose and execute solutions, escalating as appropriate.
- Manage PO placement for proteins to meet the target allocation, maintaining target raw and finished inventory levels at the supplier.
- Set up new vendors and products, coordinating with logistics, food safety, quality assurance and other teams as necessary.
- Support supplier contract negotiation, as well as the distribution and logistics teams as needed.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) from a 4 year college or university
- 1-3 years experience with beef, pork, or chicken and/or the food supply chain
- Experience with procurement contracting, pricing, RFP and RFIs
- Detail-oriented, organized, and ability to communicate clearly and succinctly
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically
- Demonstrated ability to build a positive working repertoire with others
- Enjoy solving problems creatively to find win-win solutions, and can identify issues for escalation
- Desire to make improvements to processes and systems and set high standards for yourself.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Power Point. Preferred to be proficient with FoodLogiQ and 24Tracc.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without added colors, flavors or other additives. Chipotle has more than 2,600 in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. With more than 80,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices.
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast doesn’t have to be a typical fast food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We're changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farmCompensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline