Box Truck Delivery Driver CompostNow +7 more
- Date Posted January 11, 2021
- Location Raleigh, NC
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
- Health, Dental and Vision coverage options (for full time employees after 90 Days)
- Paid Time Off and Sick Days (for full time employees after 90 Days)
- Parental leave options
- Be a part of a small team where your contribution has a big impact
- Achieve a healthy level of exercise while working!
- Home nights and weekends
- Work in a friendly, respectful environment. Being treated as an individual person and not a number in a large corporation
- Opportunity for growth and increased opportunities within a startup environment
- Free CompostNow service & swag
- Experience with Box Trucks REQUIRED (we currently operate a 26ft truck with liftgate)
- CDL NOT REQUIRED (but additional starting pay if you have one in good standing)
- Saturday availability
- Able to report to warehouse location on James Island to start and end each day
- Experience and comfort maneuvering large vehicle, even in tight downtown areas
- Early riser, route starts between 3 - 4 AM
- Responsible individual, comfortable working with relative autonomy and minimal oversight
- Previous experience with Trash / Recycling collection is a plus
- Can pass a DOT physical (DOT card required to fill position)
- Love of exceptional customer service, and a natural sense of hustle
- Strong desire to work with your head AND your hands
- Interested in a physically active working environment (getting out of the truck at each stop)
- Detail oriented, with a demonstrated ability to work independently, multitask and react quickly to changing conditions
- Willing and able to work outdoors in all elements (rain, heat, cold, etc.)
- Committed to communicating regularly and constructively with team members
- Servicing commercial collections in an urban environment
- Loading and unloading heavy rolling carts and pallets of dry goods from box
- Servicing places like restaurants and cafeterias
- Maneuvering tight Loading Zones & Loading Docks (about 15-30 stops per route)
- Swapping all collection receptacles and leave the customer’s location clean and free of debris
- Operating collection vehicle in accordance with CompostNow Safety Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws
Perhaps we do something a bit odd (collecting discarded food scraps) when compared to other companies. But, the job itself is not unique. In fact, the job is the same in function - picking stuff up and dropping stuff off - as any other delivery driver position you might find on Indeed.
The people who excel at CompostNow don’t work for a paycheck. They say things like, “I could make more money doing something else, but there’s more to work than money.” “I work here because I wanted something different.” “It’s nice to not be yelled at.” “It’s nice to know more about the company as a whole.” “It’s nice that leadership cares about me as an individual and asks me for my thoughts.”
People work at CompostNow because we give people the benefit of the doubt, we strive for operational excellence, and we treat people as adults. We hold high expectations of ourselves and one another. We choose to grind through with the right people rather than have it easier with people who don’t share the same standards.
Shifts start at 3 AM and end 8-10 hours later. This schedule isn't for everyone. Drivers love "knowing I'm getting my work done while the city sleeps." It also means you get in and out faster without having to fight with other drivers on the road. You get to see the stars at night and the sunrise every morning. You get done early enough to get other things done before businesses close or school ends for the day.
Pay starts at $17/hr and qualify for health insurance after 90 days. Exceptional performers are eligible for a 5% raise at 6-months and 1-year.
Do you have what it takes to be a part of our team?Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline