Residential Driver CompostNow +7 more
- Date Posted January 12, 2021
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
- Health, Dental and Vision coverage options (for full time employees after 90 Days)
- Paid Time Off and Sick Days (for full time employees after 90 Days)
- Parental leave options
- Be a part of a small team where your contribution has a big impact
- Achieve a healthy level of exercise while working!
- Work in an environment that values the quality of it’s fleet vehicles and the tools used, prioritizing cleanliness and preventative maintenance
- Drive Mercedes High-Roof Sprinter Vans (purchased new, with average age for a fleet vehicle under 3 years) for maximum safety, comfort and performance
- Work in a friendly, respectful environment. Being treated as an individual person and not a number in a large corporation
- Know that your work directly impacts the well being and sustainability of your community
- Opportunity for growth and increased opportunities within a startup environment
- Free CompostNow service & swag
- No major driving violations in the last 3 years (we provide a chart with what types of violations would qualify)
- Comfortable maneuvering large vehicle
- Early riser: Willing to start your day by 6AM
- Value and enjoy being physically active and in motion throughout the work day (100+ stops made on an average route)
- Strong commitment to safety of self and others
- Love of exceptional customer service, and a natural sense of hustle
- Strong desire to work with your head AND your hands
- Willing and able to work outdoors in all elements (rain, heat, cold, etc.)
- Detail oriented, with a demonstrated ability to work independently, multitask and react quickly to changing conditions
- Committed to communicating regularly and constructively with team members
- Experience driving commercial vehicles or work vans a plus
- Collection of 4 gallon containers filled with food scraps, and simultaneous delivery of a clean, empty container
- Doorstep service of single and multi-family residential locations
- Walk-in service for office settings (replacing containers filled with food scraps in break rooms, etc.)
- High intensity pace and motion (100+ stops made on an average route)
- Delivery of dry goods (compostable serviceware) to office and restaurant customers on occasion
Perhaps we do something a bit odd (collecting discarded food scraps) when compared to other companies. But, the job itself is not unique. In fact, the job is the same in function - picking stuff up and dropping stuff off - as any other delivery driver position you might find on Indeed.
The people who excel at CompostNow don’t work for a paycheck. They say things like, “I could make more money doing something else, but there’s more to work than money.” “I work here because I wanted something different.” “It’s nice to not be yelled at.” “It’s nice to know more about the company as a whole.” “It’s nice that leadership cares about me as an individual and asks me for my thoughts.”
People work at CompostNow because we give people the benefit of the doubt, we strive for operational excellence, and we treat people as adults. We hold high expectations of ourselves and one another. We choose to grind through with the right people rather than have it easier with people who don’t share the same standards.
This position may be a great fit if you enjoy getting up and at ‘em to start your day (on time for this position is at work and clocking in to start at 6AM), if you already have an active lifestyle and value putting physical activity into your daily routine (get paid to workout instead of paying for a gym membership… what’s not to like?), and if you enjoy challenging yourself to be better and more efficient with how you work (internally driven competition).
Pay starts at $15/hr and qualify for health insurance after 90 days. Exceptional performers are eligible for a 5% raise at 6-months and 1-year.
Do you have what it takes to be a part of our team?Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline