Temporary Food Programs Supervisor Preble Street +1 more
- Date Posted January 12, 2021
- Location Portland, ME
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Part-Time
To help ensure that our new Mainer neighbors experiencing homelessness or who rely on food support to maintain housing stability have access to healthy, nourishing, culturally appropriate food, Preble Street is seeking a Food Programs Supervisor with expertise and experience in planning, preparing, and distributing large quantities of food, with a focus on Central African and other culturally appropriate meals.
This is a part-time position, responsible for all aspects of meal planning and preparation, as well as supervision and instruction of staff and volunteers.
Job Requirements Some of the requirements of the position include the following:
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage large-scale food sourcing, menu planning, and preparation of high-quality, nutritious meals.
• Experience in planning and preparing culturally appropriate meals, with a focus on Central African meals.
• Commitment to food justice, and understanding of new Mainers’ food needs.
• Commitment to the Preble Street mission, and knowledge of issues of homelessness, food insecurity, and social and economic justice.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Excellent staff and volunteer training and team management skills.
• ServSafe Certification (or ability to become ServSafe certified).
Compensation and Benefits
This is a temporary, part-time (20 hours/week) position to support a project with an expected duration of 3 months.
This position offers a competitive rate of pay at $18.25/hour Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline Attachment click here to download the attached document.