Operations Coordinator Girl Meets Dirt
- Date Posted January 13, 2021
- Location Eastsound, WA
- Category Business / Production
- Job type Full-Time
Reports to: Audra Lawlor, Founder & President
Classification: 40 hours/week (full-time, hourly, nonexempt)
Location: Eastsound, Washington (Orcas Island)
Pay: Hourly, DOE.
Benefits: We offer medical and dental benefits after a short grace period to full time employees as well generous paid holiday/PTO benefits
This position is based on a car ferry serviced island and not appropriate for commuters. It is not suitable for working remotely.
We are seeking an individual to connect the dots between the beautiful products we make and getting that product into the hands of the customers we love. This individual will serve a dynamic role on our small team managing fulfillment and serving as a liaison between day-to-day operations and fulfillment related activities and sales management and production. This is an ideal position for a multi-tasking, hard-working, entrepreneurial, detail-oriented individual looking to grow with an exciting food company in a beautiful, active island community.
The Operations Coordinator’s primary responsibility will be overseeing and executing customer fulfillment for our retail, wholesale, and distribution sales channels. The candidate should expect to spend up to 75% of their time engaged in an active operations role on their feet and using their biceps – supporting how we source, craft, deliver, and most importantly, ship out our exceptional product. Additional duties will be fulfillment related purchasing, supporting monthly inventory, overseeing office management and administrative needs, and supervising operations assistant.
You do not need to have specific experience in operations or fulfillment but we prefer it. You must be technically competent, an excellent communicator, have a strong attention to detail, and have a desire to learn and grow.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in an administrative, operations, or fulfillment role
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Pull and package product for shipping for all areas of fulfillment, from retail orders to pallets to distributors
- Closely follow internal inventory management protocol
- Analyze & optimize shipping protocol (methods, containers) for cost savings
- Coordinate logistics and generate shipping labels and freight
- Provide input for invoicing for wholesale and custom direct orders
- Liaise with Sales Manager to check inventory and restock island retailers in a timely manner
- Maintain & monitor inventory of shipping/packing and office supplies and coordinate purchases as needed
- Assist with farmers markets, demo, & special event logistics, product inventory and supplies
- Use company vehicle to drop packages at shipping points and make deliveries
- Oversee and manage office operations needs in an administrative assistant capacity
- As needed greet & serve customers in headquarters tasting room
- Customer service and sales and marketing support as needed
- Monthly inventory support
- Supervising and managing Operations Assistant
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to multi-task, anticipate, & manage changing objectives in an all-hands-on-deck, fast paced environment
- Ability to apply and understand basic mathematics
- Technical competency or aptitude (read/learn measuring tools & report in appropriate units)
- Computer literacy or aptitude to learn quickly (Mac, Word, Excel, Google docs, Quickbooks)
- Familiarity with computer-based communication and organization software
- Customer service oriented & collaborative spirit
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs from ground to tables or shelving, or into and out of trucks, repeatedly
- Must be able to legally drive a company vehicle and have safe driving record
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
ABOUT GIRL MEETS DIRT
At Girl Meets Dirt, we make single-varietal preserves with heritage fruit, to celebrate this special terroir (the 'girl' in our logo holds the native Orcas pear-discovered growing wild on Orcas). The legacy of orchards in the San Juan Islands and their capacity to feed this community for over 135 years is our inspiration. To keep the agricultural history alive we steward island orchards with the most deeply-rooted trees, offering a depth of taste not found in commercially-grown fruits. We have a growing wholesale business with specialty food, cheese shops, & grocers across the country. We also have a retail shop, a growing online store and do weekly seasonal farmers markets in San Juan County. We were a 2016, 2018 & 2019 Good Food Awards Winner and pride ourselves in making exceptional, unique, handcrafted preserves. Woman-owned and operated, island grown.
Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $14.00 - $17.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline