Quirky Sales Associate Avital : Virtual
- Date Posted January 12, 2021
- Location Anywhere
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Avital:Virtual and Avital:Tours is a fun, quirky, woman-owned business started in San Francisco in 2011. Our core values are to Create Community, Breathe Curiosity, Communicate Compassion, Embrace Quirky, Seize Ownership, and Build Awesome Experiences. Our Mission is to deepen human connections through storytelling and food.
We build awesome culinary-focused experiences virtually with ingredient delivery. Our core experiences are virtual mixology and virtual cooking classes with ingredients delivered ahead of time. Our guests include corporate clients hosting team building or entertaining clients. keywords: sales, assistant, admin, administrative, marketing, event planner, associate, food, female, small business, private dining manager
... a note from your future ...
Dear Sales Associate,
I know the word "sales" makes you cringe. Me too, and while that is technically what we do in this department, it never quite feels like the right word for it.
Yes, we have sales goals, 'cause this is a business after all, but we try to hit them by being awesome humans that #BuildAwesomeExperiences. If we're not hitting them, we #BreatheCuriosity and figure out why, together. #CreateCommunity
Okay - what's with the hashtags? Those are some of our Core Values, which I know you love to quote as much as we do, because around here we #EmbraceQuirky.
When we first met you, we knew right away you were cut from the same cloth. That adventurous curiosity, love of exploring, and desire to work smart so you can feed your life passions at the same time - it all lined up. Your slightly-geeky excitement in the interview when we asked you "what's your favorite app/software" and your vivid story about how you felt when Slack changed their logo and how reading their blog post shifted your perspective. #CommunicateCompassion
In spring of 2021, when our company was fast-growing in Pandemic-era decided to take the plunge and hire a Sales Associate, we barely could have dreamed about how awesomely you would step up and #SeizeOwnership of the new role. We figured, at minimum we needed someone with a flexible schedule working remotely, who was solid and dependable, and who was detail oriented to book customers onto experiences - like responding to new deal inquiries and organizing them in HubSpot CRM or researching lists of interesting companies that we might target as potential new team-building guests.
Little did we know that within the first quarter you'd already be chatting with clients with a super fast response time, fielding phone calls with style and that honest and authentic way you have of chatting with new people like you've known them for years, plowing through inboxes and Asana task-lists like a productivity machine!
The way we think of you: You've got the people-skills, creativity, critical listening and thinking chops, attention to detail, understanding of data and trends and you LOVE what we do! They GET IT. And you want to help our guests find an awesome culinary experience for their team that'll be the best team-building they've ever done.
We can't wait to have you in our weekly team meetings, brainstorming solves for issues, coordinating with the Product team about what our guests are looking for next, checking in with the Operations manager to make sure we're on point with guest expectations, and bringing your awesome ideas to the table!
Director of Sales, Avital: Virtual
This job is remote/work-from-home. Candidates must have access to a computer with internet and ideally a smart-phone and be able to adapt to new softwares/apps frequently.
- Ease/fluency with online applications, quick to adapt to new platforms/processes
- Attention to detail, ability to follow written instructions and meet deadlines
- Positive, growth mindset and community/team-driven approach
Programs to know or learn:
- HubSpot CRM
- Google: Gmail, Docs, Sheets
- Peek Pro (booking/scheduling software)
- Customer Service: written and verbal communication skills, ability to adapt to brand voice and match brand messaging/tone
- Creativity: ability to think outside the box, brainstorm unique solutions to company issues
- Adaptability: willingness to adopt new systems and procedures, quick to learn new skills and incorporate new processes/habits, mindset for fast growth and new perspectives
- Love of food/beverage/restaurants is a plus!
- part-time or full time, hourly, remote position, possibility to grow to salary w/commission
- preference for LA-, NYC-, or SF-based candidates, but location not required
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineMarch 31, 2021