Landscape Caretaking Crew Member Shades of Green Permaculture
- Date Posted January 14, 2021
- Location Avondale Estates, GA
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Part-Time
The Caretaking Crew Member's role is to help identify, assist, and execute ongoing caretaking tasks, gather materials to facilitate installations, participate as a crew member on active maintenance projects, and on the installation team if needed. This position is for someone who has a background in horticulture or landscaping and enjoys working with others and independently. You must have had previous experience working with plants and are excited to apply your knowledge to maximize the health or growth of fruits, vegetables, and medicinal plants. You have amazing people skills and are committed to empowering clients with knowledge. You enjoy working outdoors in a wide range of weather conditions. This is an ideal position if you are interested in learning more about permaculture techniques and their application.
The Caretaking Crew Member is accountable for the following work:
- Foster an excellent customer experience through dynamic service and holistic property care.
- Ensure all caretaking duties are carried out according to Shades of Green Permaculture’s standard operating and safety procedures.
- Work with a team to deliver ongoing care for clients that empower and support knowledge of their landscape.
- Storing materials at HQ shop and loading truck if asked
- Identifying materials correctly and asking if you aren’t sure
- Knowing job names
- Adhering to timelines and install standards
Communication and Job Tracking
- Entering time and any expenses by the end of each day under the appropriate projects.
- Responding promptly to emails
- Checking calendar regularly to anticipate upcoming work
- Defer all client questions to Caretaking Manager
- Maintain enthusiasm and gratitude
- All communication with clients is kind, considerate, polite, and professional.
- Visibly wear the Shades of Green shirt while on job sites.
- Wear boots when onsite
- Must have Reliable Transportation (Whether candidates have a car or take public transportation on-time arrival is a must)
- Clean driving record (this is required to drive our company vehicles)
- Arrive promptly
- Flexible availability for additional days beyond Tuesday and Friday
- A cell phone that can support Trello
- Utilize non-violent methods of communication and interaction when conflict arises
- Maintain a positive attitude with solutions-driven communication
- Participate in monthly 1:1 feedback sessions
- Review and sign the Employee Handbook