Wine + Cheese Buyer Allium Market
- Date Posted January 13, 2021
- Location Brookline, MA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
This position will help to lead and make decisions about retail offerings in our specialty cheese department and soon to be beverage retail section, while actively working on the sales floor with customers (safely per Covid guidelines). Pre-Covid this individual would have gotten the opportunity to travel and attend trade shows representing the business, and we eagerly look forward to a return to "normalcy" when this can be part of your job description once again! In the mean time, you will be on a training path to make buying decisions, lead tastings, and fully help to manage Allium's vast cheese, meat and beverage retail selection.
As a leader at a still fairly new company this persons ideas and passion will have direct and lingering effects on this businesses systems. This position will be integral to the continued development of storewide retail systems, and will be part of a supportive and passionate team of managers and store leaders. The Cheese/Beverage Buyer will work directly with store ownership in continuing to grow our retail sales and offerings while helping to build upon the businesses vision and key beliefs. It should also be noted that this position has a fairly solid timeline of growth that expects you to be making full buying decisions for the Cheese + Beverage departments within about 6 months. Your first several months on the job will have plenty of time for learning and growth! If you love food, are excited about sales, and passionate about amazing products and a fun work environment then we can't wait to hear from you!
- Full-time, hourly position + Tips
- 40-45 hour average week includes evening, weekends, holidays.
- Store discount
- Employee meal plan
- Manage inventory (including product rotation, counts, and quality assurance)
- Product Buying and selection
- Sales target development
- Creates effective, inviting, successful product merchandising displays.
- Assists in making in-store promotion decisions
- Uses effective, engaging, and excellent customer service sales skills to help the retail department meet or exceed sales goals.
- Helps choose new products to sell (through research, travel, tasting, networking)
- Leads and teaches our staff in learning about products, expanding their knowledge, and increasing their sales.
- Introduces and communicates about new products both to staff and customers.
- Leads sampling and tasting demos in store.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and attractive sales floor.
- Organizes retail storage spaces
- Maintains proper product pricing throughout the department.
- Must be passionate about food!
- Minimum 3 years in sales, with a proven track record of sales success
- Minimum 1 year previous experience in specialty foods retail
- Previous experience in Cheese + Wine strongly preferred, but not 100% necessary.
- Self Starter
- Creative Problem Solver
- Ability to work in a busy, fast paced environment
- Well organized
- Good follow-through skills and track record
- Well versed in vendor relationships and effective communication approaches
- Previous Leadership experience strongly desired
- Previous buying/inventory management strongly desired
- Comfortable working on your feet for 8+ hours
- Comfortable lifting 40+ pounds
- Skilled in spreadsheeting, email communications, and in person communication
- Employee Discount
- Employee Meal Plan
- Hourly Tips
- Will travel to and attend industry trade shows and events on behalf of Allium (post-pandemic)
- Regular sampling and new product exploration!
- Creative control over merchandising displays (in adherence to company standards) Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $17.00 - $23.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline