Baker/ Pastry Cook Troutbeck
- Date Posted January 18, 2021
- Location Amenia, NY
- Category Production
- Job type Full-Time
Troutbeck is a 250 year old property in Amenia, New York the Northern Hudson Valley. We have 37 guest rooms, a 75 seat dining room, a banquet facility and incredible grounds, gardens and woods. It is a space for inspiration, for restoration, for community - it is a place to build memories.
Our restaurant sources as locally as it gets, pulling from our neighboring farms for produce and proteins, growing some of our own, and wandering the woods to see what we can bring to our table.
We are looking for a strong cook to join our team who has experience in, and a passion for, baking and pastry.
The Baker/ Pastry Cook will work in the restaurant at Troutbeck, which is headed by Gabe McMackin and features hyper local ingredients prepared in a thoughtful and modern way. Service at Troutbeck is all day, so a flexible schedule is a must.
What you offer:
• Have at least 1 year experience at a similar position, preferably in a high-level environment.
• Be proficient in the care of pastry and baking, and have a passion for this area in particular.
• Have an innate sense of hospitality and the drive for providing an exceptional product to our guests.
• Be able to communicate clearly, carefully, and respectfully with any and all staff.
• Be reliable, punctual and committed to being a part of the team.
We expect someone in this role to be curious. We expect this person to come willing to learn how we do things, learn our story and our language. We would love that person to find her or his own voice through working with us.
What We Offer:
-Full time employees are eligible to receive benefits such as insurance, paid vacation and workers comp.
-A supportive, collaborative team environment and a management staff dedicated to the wellness and success of their staff.
-Room to grow in other positions within the company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline