Assistant to the President Community Grains
- Date Posted January 19, 2021
- Location Oakland, CA
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
Community Grains is a small company based in Oakland, CA, dedicated to fully transparent fod systems, offering a variety of whole grain flours, dried pastas, bread and polenta. All of our grains and products are 100% whole grain and our Identity Preserved line is sourced directly from amazing local farmers in Northern California. At the core of Community Grains is a deep commitment to good food, information, curiosity, and original thinking. We’re on a mission to move the needle on whole grain consumption nationally, and build a vibrant local grain economy. If that sounds like something you’d like to be a part of – we’d love you to join our team!Job description
We are looking for an Assistant to the President to work directly with the President with significant marketing emphasis. The job will reach into every aspect of the company and has the potential to quickly become a key player and take on more responsibility. You will be learning something new every day and working to change food systems. The ideal candidate will be organized, flexible, tenacious, smart and comfortable wearing many hats.
What You’ll Do:
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the President with project management, organization, contacts & calendar management, documentation, and workflow management.
- Assist the President with communications —sending out regular newsletters via mailchimp, Facebook, and WordPress posts.
- Manage some human resources activities as needed – posting jobs, scheduling interviews, onboarding support.
- Office management –
The right candidate will be:
- Passionate about sustainable and regional food systems
- Find an important support role to be satisfying and challenging
- Resourceful, wise, enterprising, tenacious
- Great writing and editing skills
- Highly organized and meticulous about details
- Willing to be hands on and also willing to be flexible
- Calm in challenging situations, can-do attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft office and Mac OS
Plusses would be:
- Basic design skills
- Great customer services skills
- Have own car & clean driving record
- Baking or food background
This is a sanitized, socially distanced office. Some work at home is fine, but we do need mostly work from office.Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline