Pasture-Based Livestock Farm Crew Maple Wind Farm
- Date Posted January 20, 2021
- Location Richmond, VT
- Category Agriculture / Production
- Job type Full-Time
Maple Wind Farm is a pasture-based livestock farm operating in Richmond and Bolton, Vermont for more than 20 years. The farm produces pasture-raised non-GMO pork, turkeys, layer and broiler chickens, and 100% grass-fed beef through an innovative DAILY move method that keeps animals happy and healthy. Our certified organic, USDA poultry slaughter and meat processing plant allows us to bring high-quality proteins to our discerning customers.
- Positive farm team culture is built on respect and lean principles
- We believe in work/life balance (most staff work 4 days (10 hrs each day)/week)
- We are a leader in on-farm processing and pasture-raised proteins
Raise and process rotationally grazed animals, great team culture
Spend the season in Vermont’s green pastures raising turkeys, cows, pigs, broiler and layer chickens. Learn new skills from building farm infrastructure and moving cattle, to cutting pork primals and making value-added products. Join a team of dedicated, hard-working, goofy individuals who support, teach, and learn from each other.
We’re seeking passionate individuals to join our Pasture-Based Livestock Farm and Processing Crew. Crew members must have a positive attitude, sense of humor, and attention to detail, as well as be flexible, innovative, and zealous about regenerative agriculture. Wages are competitive depending on experience $12-$15/hour, and includes farm food, professional development opportunities, and Worker’s Compensation Insurance - covering injuries on the job.
- Work outdoors with pasture-raised livestock
- Join a supportive, mission-driven team
- Learn how to process chicken and pork
Richmond, Vermont is a small town just 20 minutes away from Burlington (VT’s largest city), and nestled on the western slopes of the Green Mountains. Vermont is known for spectacular natural scenery and access to a wide variety of outdoor pursuits such as hiking, fishing, mountain biking and hunting.
- Robust local food scene
- Richmond schools are among the best in the state
- Less than an hour from some of VTs world class ski areas.
Why Should You Apply?
- Great pay to work with great people
- 4-day work week
- Opportunities to develop higher-level farming skills
this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $12.00 - $15.00
Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline