Customer Service Representative Apoterra Skincare
- Date Posted February 18, 2021
- Location Waterbury, CT
- Category Business / Production
- Job type Part-Time
Apoterra handcrafts and sells effective small batch skincare formulated for people with skin. Our name, pronounced \ˈa-pō\ ter·ra, means “of the earth”. We advocate a life in reciprocity with nature and well-being over perfection. Founded in 2012 in a NYC kitchen, our founder’s vision was to create a brand that was honest, healthy, sustainably produced and inclusive. Over the years, the brand has grown to focus on not only creating good-for-you and the planet skincare products, but also holistic wellness tips.
Some of our core values include:
We believe in the power of honesty, with both oneself and others. We are not about trends and titles. We are about substance, real content and thoughts, and a high quality experience that is true to who we are.
We believe that we only improve ourselves and our future by improving the world around us.
This means working to elevate those around you, giving to give, and having a passion for environmentalism, animal rights, human rights, fighting systemic racism and helping uplift the voices of marginalized communities.
Be curious always.
Only through curiosity can you improve and push boundaries. We value curiosity for the unknown, learning always, trying the new and the impossible. When you stop being curious, you stop growing.
We believe nature is powerful and wise.
Science is a tool to better understand her but does not dictate her.Job description
We are currently looking for someone to join our dynamic team as a customer service representative. As a customer service representative, you will get to try all our our products, learn about natural and holistic skin care, and connect with our customers on a daily basis.
The customer service associate's goal is to offer exceptional customer service to our customers so as to make sure that our customers are happy with our products and service, and to foster a sense of trust between the company and our customers. This includes providing customers with quick, friendly and educational support. Topics to offer advice about include skin care, product choices and product feedback. Areas our customers need assistance with include our loyalty program, managing subscription orders, help with placing, editing and tracking orders, and processing refunds. The customer service associate ideally will also be able to manage customer conversations across multiple channels with empathy, attention to detail, and timeliness. This position requires a proactive, team player, and learner mindset.
This position may offer opportunities to help with production at our studio in Waterbury, CT.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all inboxes relating to customer service such as email, Facebook messenger and Instagram DMs.
- Manage customer orders/returns/subscriptions
- Manage customer issues with loyalty program rewards
- Track lost orders and communicate with customer about shipment issues
- Communicate with CEO on a daily basis
- Create monthly reports regarding damages and customer complaints.
Within the first 3 months of employment, you should be able to:
- Manage all mentioned under “duties and responsibilities”
- Have a working understanding of our inventory management system
- Be familiar with all Apoterra products and services
- Have a good understanding of Apoterra’s skin care philosophy
This job might be for you if you:
- Love helping people
- Are detail oriented and very organized
- Are able to accept constructive criticism
- Love to learn and can self teach
- Have good communication skills
- Love natural skincare, aromatherapy, herbalism and/or healthy living lifestyle.
You should value:
- Appreciation for sustainability movement
- Helping others
It would be great (but not necessary) if you:
- Have experience in customer service
- Have experience with Asana and Slack
- Have experience using Google Drive
- Have experience using excel
- Have a passion for sustainability/eco-friendliness
- Have a passion for healthy living
- Have a passion for natural skincare
Job Type: Part-time (15 hours/week). Ideally you would be available to offer our customers service M-F, 2-3 hours per day.
Compensation: Starting $16/hr
Location: Remote, but ideally you would occasionally be able to travel to our studio in Waterbury, CT. This position may open up opportunities to help with production and order fulfillment at our studio.Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Location job can be done remotely Application instructions