Service Manager Roman's
- Date Posted February 19, 2021
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
As part of our mission of sustainability on all fronts, we are committed to providing the best possible work environment for our employees. We offer competitive wages as well as a comprehensive benefits package including generous paid time off, medical, dental, & vision insurance, a 401k plan with a company match, and discounts across our businesses. This position is an opportunity to grow your career and learn with us in a dynamic, values-driven company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and use E-Verify to confirm U.S. employment eligibility. Job description
The Service Manager is responsible for partnering with the General Manager to assist in leading all aspects of FOH operations.
- Direct the delivery of exceptional hospitality and service to all guests and our community
- Assist General Manager in scheduling, organizing, and monitoring FOH labor and productivity in accordance with business demand to achieve labor budget expectations
- Assist General Manager in teaching, training, and mentoring all FOH staff including coaching and counseling, assisting in the progressive discipline process, and fostering the conditions for success on team and individual levels
- Assist General Manager in continuously recruiting and hiring candidates in order to build a strong and committed FOH team, including trailing potential Servers and Bartenders and evaluating their competency and skill level
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings regarding the overall strategy and success of the business, including monthly financials meetings and HR trainings
- Manage with empathy and integrity to build and strengthen our culture and staff morale
- Lead, train, coach and counsel, and resolve conflict through fair and consistent policies
- Ensure strong, respectful, productive communication across all teams
- Work with the General Manager to establish and achieve clear individual performance goals
Service Managers are regularly scheduled for a 5-day, 45-50 hour work week, but will occasionally be asked to work additional days to cover staffing shortages.
While performing the duties of the job, the Service Manager is regularly required to stand and walk; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch. They must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions