Vendor Manager Zero Grocery
- Date Posted February 22, 2021
- Location Berkeley, CA
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
Zero Grocery is the first plastic-free online grocery store in the United States. We're growing fast (really fast!). Our digital retail platform allows us to deliver fresh, high-quality groceries and everyday goods directly to customers without an ounce of single-use plastic.
Our team is dedicated to creating delightful customer experiences and developing powerful tools that accelerate our business growth and make sustainability a reality for everyone. If you're passionate about reducing plastic-waste, want to build and scale a more planet-friendly way to get goods to people's homes, and are up for a challenge, Zero is the place for you!
Zero was founded in 2019 by Zuleyka Strasner, or Z as we call her. After living plastic-free for 18 months, Z was inspired to make it easier for families across the U.S to shop zero-waste groceries with next-day delivery. She couldn't do it alone, however, and has since hired an all-star team of developers, designers, grocery operations ninjas, and consultants — and also raised $4.7m from investors — to make it happen.
==Who we are==
- A dynamic team with major bias towards action. We love to test things out, see what sticks, and move forward. We work hard at our jobs and at creating a fun-loving, ultra-supportive team.
- A team that will fiercely support you in your growth both personally and professionally. We are a pack and we function as one in every sense of the word. No-one is left behind, everyone matters, everyone has their place on the team. We got you, always.
- A mission-driven team. We want to get rid of single-use plastics in the food system, and need your help! This mission is bigger than us and the problem we are solving is infinitely complicated. Despite the odds and naysayers, we are here, growing, and doing it.
==The type of stuff you'll be working on==
Purchasing & Inventory Management: Place orders daily to maintain consistent stock across hundreds of SKUs while also minimizing waste. You will work with our internal data scientist to refine the forecast model and make judgement calls about when to order over or under the forecast. You will conduct daily analyses to identify potential inventory issues and determine solutions to solve them.
Receiving & Website Updates: Work with the operations team on establishing a receiving process so that you can maintain an accurate inventory count. You'll then work with other members of our team to ensure that our website reflects our inventory properly. You will partner with the Inventory Lead to validate that on-hand inventory counts are correct and to quickly remedy any gaps in supply. You will make updates to the SKU names, descriptions, suppliers, and pack sizes as needed.
Vendor Relationships: Be our vendors' main point of contact at Zero. You will be responsible for making sure they understand what is required of them and answering their questions. You will place orders with each vendor regularly and keep track of expected delivery times and order cut offs.
Cross-Functional Communication: In order to keep the company running smoothly, you'll need to work closely with employees across multiple teams. For instance, you'll be responsible for making sure the warehouse team is aware of incoming deliveries, knows their shelf-life and packaging requirements, and has capacity to store them. You'll also work with the growth team to bolster inventory of items before they are highlighted in marketing campaigns.
==In our new teammate, we are looking for more of this==
- Knowledge and experience working on purchasing, forecasting & replenishment, receiving, vendor management, and inventory management preferably in a food service or grocery environment.
- Experience identifying and implementing process improvements in a fast-paced environment. A multi-tasker and a problem solver.
- Lots of hustle! Willingness to get your hands dirty to make sure we provide our customers with a great experience.
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities. A positive team player who has a high standard of integrity and reliability; able to build trust & loyalty with others.
- Flexibility and an open mind
==And less of this==
Ego, judgement and lack of respect for others: We also do not want people that are simply driven by the eco-mission of what we do. We are ordinary people people for everyday folks - we dislike orthodoxy and heresy.
Insular work styles: We are a team, and collaborate on almost everything that we do. Nobody is an island in our company, and we are here to support one another.
==What we offer you==
- Free Zero membership (if you live in our markets!)
- $55-65k salary plus equity compensation
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous, progressive, and industry-defining family leave
- Health insurance
You've probably got a lot of options. The question is, are we the right match for your talent? You don't need a lengthy resume. We encourage you to apply if you feel like you have relevant experience and can work with the details in our job posting. Fundamentally, experience comes in various shapes and sizes. None of us would be here if we stuck to what we were told, not what we believed we could become.Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline