Assistant Operations Manager King David Tacos
- Date Posted March 24, 2021
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Before KDT, New York City (arguably the world’s center of food culture and influence) had been devoid of real breakfast tacos (arguably the perfect breakfast food) for too long. But beyond being Tex-Mex-obsessed, it is our belief that NYC is in need of better on-the-go breakfast.
KDT has reinvented the way a food business can enter the market, with wholesale, retail, and catering arms working in concert. We specialize in grab'n'go breakfast tacos that are simple and delicious, are created for everyday enjoyment without guilt, and are tailored to the fast-paced lifestyle and discerning tastes of New Yorkers. Job description
King David Tacos is looking for a dedicated, reliable, and energetic full-time Assistant Operations Manager who is motivated by the prospect of growing with and building a company. This is an excellent role for someone who is passionate about the food business and loves both the art and the logistics required to make it all happen. This role will report to our Operations Manager, as well as our Founder / CEO.
This job is immensely challenging, but can be, and should be, immensely gratifying. There are no two ways about it--the person in this role will be asked to work very hard, as part of a tenacious team, to forge a path in an unforgiving industry. The payoff can be huge, but it will not be an easy road. This paragraph is meant to turn away anyone who cannot give 100%, who does not have an optimistic outlook, who is not driven to work to their full potential, reach beyond it, and extract the same from others, and who may not think they can keep up with the demands of building a business. We are a fair, caring, and progressive workplace, but we expect a lot out of each person who works at KDT.
Now that that’s out of the way!
We currently operate out of our central kitchen in Downtown Brooklyn and will be moving to our new production facility in Prospect Heights within the month of March. Our Kitchen team produces everything fresh each morning, packaging it for distribution between our 3 channels: Retail, Catering and Wholesale, at which point the Distribution team takes over.
The AOM is responsible for managing and overseeing KDT operations from top to bottom. This role requires a person who is an excellent problem-solver with outstanding communication skills, who is comfortable wearing many hats within the dynamic environment of a food business in NYC. Detail-orientation is paramount. Yes, we know all job postings say that--but precision and the ability to uphold high standards even in the face of extreme challenges are non-negotiables. This is the reality of running a young, growing business in NYC.
Our business runs 7 days a week, you are scheduled for 5 consecutive days. Off-hours coverage, and extended hours coverage will be required in necessary circumstances.
As a breakfast business, the day starts early. Getting into the office by 6a, or earlier if the day’s schedule calls for it, is a requirement. Lateness or the inability to function effectively in the early morning is not acceptable.
- DAILY OPERATIONS
- Oversee Retail, Catering and Wholesale operations each day on duty, ensuring everything is running smoothly
- Visit all sites of operation regularly, for general presence and QC checks
- Respond to and fulfill orders via phone and email while providing excellent customer service
- Plan operations for the following day with our software
- Work with the Kitchen team to ensure operations in Kitchen are seamless and able to support production required
- Facilitate necessary communication between the Kitchen, Distribution, Operations teams
- Communicate with customers and staff about KDT products and services
- Communicate with vendors, purveyors, and partners
- Assist with physical delivery of orders if needed
- Lead the team as an example of work ethic and brand standards
- Assist OM with scheduling for all areas of the business
- Problem-solve day-to-day staff and scheduling challenges
- Assist with directing and supervising all KDT personnel
- Assist in recruiting, training, growing and retaining staff
- Respond to staff issues or facilitate disciplinary action
- Stay abreast of changing HR landscape, including legislation, employee rights and management guidelines
- Enforce and optimize existing and new processes
- Update process documents, and communicate / ensure implementation across full organization
- EVENT MANAGEMENT
- Assist in planning for events and partnerships
- Provide on-site management at events
- BEHIND THE SCENES
- Proactively address business needs, internally and externally
- Prepare for and communicate with management and staff regarding upcoming milestones, events, changes
- Work with the Business Administrator to ensure AP and AR are kept in good standing
- Update social media channels as needed
- All other relevant administrative duties
- Previous leadership experience in a food operation
- A team-focused attitude, the ability to lead by example and build trust with those who work with you
- Guest-oriented, service-minded
- Capable of retaining and executing details, maneuvering and communicating with accuracy and clarity
- Ability to identify and resolve problems efficiently and effectively
- Knowledge of and experience with food-related health and safety regulations
- Driver License and the willingness and confidence to drive in NYC
- Must begin the process of obtaining a Mobile Food Vendor’s License and Food Handler’s License within the first month of hire (paid for by KDT)
- Skillful knowledge of basic software programs (MS Office, Google Docs, POS, scheduling, etc.)
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline