Fulfillment Manager CURIO SPICE CO
- Date Posted February 26, 2021
- Location Cambridge, MA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Curio Spice Co. is a woman-owned, certified B Corp(R) dedicated to finding unique, organic spices around the world, sourcing them responsibly and bringing them together in artful blends. We operate a brick and mortar store and kitchen in Cambridge, MA where we sell pure spices, original spice blends, and spice accessories as well as teach classes and hold events. We aim to create an intense sensory and educational experience for people who visit our shop and to bring them closer to the communities of farmers around the world who cultivate these flavors. Our products are sold online, directly to restaurants, at farmers’ markets, and through other retail stores across North America.Job description
We're looking for a high-energy, experienced manager to join our team! We've pivoted our business over the last year to have a large e-commerce component and need help running and growing this part of the business. We're a team of small, dedicated spice-lovers who want to make a difference in the world, one spice at a time.
E-commerce Fulfillment responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of Curio’s e-commerce order fulfillment
- Triage, pick, pack, and ship orders
- Maintain inventory of shipping supplies, source, order and receive new supplies as needed
- Assist operations team in sourcing more cost effective and environmentally sustainable shipping solutions
- Perform fulfillment-related customer service duties, such as handling returned orders, changes to orders, etc.
- Assist with improving fulfillment workflow and systems
General Operations duties:
- Pack and label spices for orders as needed
- Build gift sets, assist with gift wrapping as needed
- Restock shelves, rotate product
- Assist with customer service (phone and online orders) and present Curio’s company mission.
- Schedule postal carrier pickups as needed.
- Help maintain cleanliness in our shop by completing weekly assigned cleaning tasks.
Corporate Order Assistance:
- Help manage our corporate gift program by communicating with potential clients via phone and email.
- Help research and design custom gift sets for clients.
- Oversee planning and fulfillment of corporate gifts.
- Technologically savvy, with working knowledge of ShipStation (preferred) or other shipping software.
- Knowledge of Shopify preferred.
- Ability to interact with all levels of customers, coworkers and management
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Able to stand for 8 hrs.
- Valid Driver’s License (see note below about work occasionally happening at our sister facility).
- Ability to work on weekends.
- Must be comfortable wearing a mask for the entire shift and abiding by our strict COVID safety protocols.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent time management/organization
- Knowledge about/interest in cooking a variety of global cuisines
- Knowledge of/interest in social & environmental responsibility in business
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, etc.) and Google Suite
- Able to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work in a small team environment.
- Able to follow instructions and communicate results to management.
- Energetic, a self-starter and positive attitude.
- Problem-solving skills.
This job may require work in our sister facility in Winchester, MA. This job is full-time, year-round with high-intensity work to be expected during November and December (holiday season).