Marketing Coordinator Levain Bakery +9 more
- Date Posted March 23, 2021
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business / Media
- Job type Full-Time
Competitive swimmers and triathletes, Pam Weekes and Connie McDonald passed their grueling workouts by engaging in passionate conversations about starting their own company and baking, which ultimately inspired them to leave their respective careers in fashion and finance. They opened a small bread shop in 1995, which they named Levain Bakery.
One day, they created an ultimate chocolate chip walnut cookie to give them energy while training for a triathlon. They decided to sell a batch in their bakery, and they flew off the shelves. An icon was born. The cozy shop on West 74th Street in New York City quickly became a neighborhood favorite and a destination for epicurious travelers from around the world, hungry for the world-famous six-ounce cookies.
From the start they baked everything fresh on-site each day and donated the day’s leftovers to charity each night, actions that remain solidly in place almost 25 years later. Levain Bakery now has eight locations with more to come, plus ecommerce gift boxes, and more delicious bites of joy in the works!
We strive every day to embody our company’s five core values: Community, Fun, Integrity, Kindness, and Heart and are excited to welcome new team members to help bring a little piece of Levain cookie love to recipients in New York and beyond!Job description
THE ROLE: MARKETING COORDINATOR (NEW YORK CITY)
The Marketing Coordinator will work with the Marketing and Communications team to support all consumer-facing touchpoints, helping shape the voice and visual identity of the iconic and beloved Levain brand. This hybrid role touches a variety of disciplines, with an emphasis on marketing, communications and branding - a truly unique opportunity for someone who has a passion for the food industry who wants to develop a career in marketing. You’ll have a hand in helping to shape the culture of one of the most iconic brands and food destinations.
The ideal candidate is highly detail oriented, efficient, organized, energetic, and hungry - a true team-player who thrives in a dynamic environment. You’re at ease in an office environment but just as comfortable getting your hands dirty, whether jumping into service at a bakery or packing boxes during the holidays in ecommerce. Oh, and you love to eat (cookies)!
What you’ll do:
- Support the marketing team with day-to-day activities and provide cross-channel marketing support across our retail bakeries, ecommerce and CPG.
- Work with our marketing team on new bakery openings, including grassroots marketing, liaising with our on-the-ground team, developing marketing collateral and signage, and event planning.
- Provide marketing support to our bakeries in New York, Wainscott and Washington DC, including regular check-ins to assist with maintenance, cosmetic updates, collateral and merchandise, working on display signage and generally ensuring our bakeries look their best!
- Support our corporate office, aka “Cookie Suite,” as needed, by helping to maintain the office and coordinating team events. Assist with office-related operations, including ordering, team meetings, deliveries, and other miscellaneous tasks. We’ll also ask for help with ensuring our internal processes are executed with efficiency and quality.
- Maintain an organized, up-to-date asset library and coordinate and distribute brand creative assets for internal and external partners.
- Manage and update weekly project status to ensure all projects and deliverables are completed on time.
- Assist in the development of internal communications, staff communications and event planning, in conjunction with the HR team.
- Support marketing activations by attending events, organizing activities and delivering materials to partners, influencers and vendors. Assist with PR and influencer communications as needed.
- Support our community management and customer engagement teams at peak times and holidays.
- Add your creative energy to marketing projects by bridging your unique point of view and thought-partnership where necessary.
- Minimum 2 years of previous work experience within a relevant field preferred, including internships.
- An excellent communicator with a strong ability to conduct effective verbal and written communications.
- Proficiency in CRM platforms, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Comfortable communicating with multiple departments, from finance to human resources.
- Must be willing to work in NYC and travel to our bakeries outside of NY to our various bakeries and future bakery sites.
- Must be flexible and agile, jumping into projects and working the occasional weekend, if necessary.
- Comfortable with manual work from time to time, including helping in the bakeries and ecommerce, as needed.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing or similar major is a plus.
- Passion for food and a sweet tooth!
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline