Social Media Coordinator Fair World Project
- Date Posted April 09, 2021
- Location Portland, OR
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Part-Time
Fair World Project (FWP) was launched in 2010 to promote, watchdog and advance the fair trade market and movement. Our work focuses on citizen engagement, political advocacy and monitoring the fair trade marketplace. Our initiatives focus on educating consumers regarding fair trade, watchdogging the fair trade market and certification bodies, and advocating for policy change in support of farmers, workers, artisans and consumers.Job description
We are seeking a part-time Social Media Coordinator to join the FWP team. You will work closely with the team and be in charge of content creation and management for our social channels as well as build and strengthen our social media relationships with mission-aligned organizations. The Social Media Coordinator will play a crucial role in expanding FWP’s social media presence, building a sense of community and facilitating outreach and education around topics of fair trade, labor justice, food sovereignty, climate justice, small-scale farmers, and community-led initiatives. Candidates should have demonstrated experience distilling complex ideas around these issues. An ideal candidate has experience with social media management and is an engaging story-teller who is passionate about social justice in global supply chains that breaks down structural systems that are causing exploitation and inequality.
We are a small organization with a small team so an ideal candidate will be able to both work independently and collaboratively.
The position will be on a contractor basis and the application open to all nationalities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create original, engaging and educational social media content tailored to FWP’s audiences and post to social media channels on a regular schedule.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and platforms.
- Engage with our current online communities (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) to increase understanding and engagement on key issues and campaigns. This includes checking messages and responding to comments online. This would also include responding to articles and blogs.
- Implement a content calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely campaigns.
- Content creation: copywriting, photo editing, graphic design, basic video creation (desirable).
- Community Outreach: Connecting with relevant organizations to cross-promote FWP’s work as well as coalition building with allied organizations and networks for joint campaigns and joint messaging.
- Track key metrics and adjust strategies based on data.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Two years experience with social media content creation and management
- Interested and passionate about food justice that places communities in the driver’s seats and breaking down structural systems that are causing exploitation and inequality.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and respond to changing priorities and news.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong independent decision-making, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Good written and oral English skills, Spanish language skills are a bonus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator and multimedia skills desirable.
- Experience using Canva, Headliner, and Animoto desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Job Type: Part-time, remote working
Salary: $17.50 - $25.00/hour - 15 hours a week
Application deadline: Open Until Filled
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline