- Date Posted April 05, 2021
- Location Fremont, CA
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Bloomberg and TechCrunch, and here.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA and currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (6x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $400M+ in funding to date from leading investors including DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.Job description About the role
Reporting to the CFO, the Corporate Controller role will take ownership of all reporting and financial compliance activities, build the accounting function at Weee!, and lead the company through a public listing. The role is part of the core leadership team and has an opportunity to make a tremendous impact on the trajectory of the company.Key responsibilities
- Establish the team and processes that will take Weee! through a listing
- Work closely with the CFO and VP of Finance to attract and motivate a world-class team of accounting and tax professionals
- Establish internal controls and accounting policies to efficiently support business scale
- Develop the world-class reporting capabilities that will be necessary for consolidating financial information from the network to regulators/shareholders
- Evolve ERP and internal systems to deliver reporting in an accurate, timely and compliant manner
- Produce the Company’s monthly, quarterly, and year-end statements in an accurate, compliant and timely manner
- Oversee regulatory reporting, including tax planning and compliance across all jurisdictions.
This is a challenging role, transforming and building the accounting function in a high growth environment. The right leader will have excellent written and oral persuasive skills and have the influence, credibility and emotional intelligence to navigate a diverse work environment and business while building a strong culture. Key requirements include:
- Demonstrated ability to deliver transformational change within a fast growing organization building a team, systems, and controls (policies, procedures, monitoring):
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, and regulations with in-depth knowledge of general ledger, month-end close processes, and accounting controls.
- Proven experience to streamline accounting processes across procure to pay, revenue recognition, general ledger close, and financial reporting
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting
- Experience with technical accounting areas such as retail accounting practices, revenue recognition, and fixed asset capitalization rules.
- Experience with world-class quality in a public company reporting setting, and audit experience at a Big 4 consulting firm
- CPA or equivalent with 7+ years of relevant experience preferably in retail industry with public company accounting experience
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineMay 10, 2021