Procurement Specialist Farm to People
- Date Posted April 05, 2021
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Production
- Job type Full-Time
This role requires superior communication skills, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to work well with others, and the capability to meet tight deadlines while juggling multiple critical and time sensitive orders. You must understand business priorities, demonstrate the ability to proactively anticipate needs, and be a force for driving improvement. You possess the ability to complete complex tasks quickly, with little to no guidance, and react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround. You are motivated, with a track record of high performance and demonstrated ability to operate under pressure. You’re confident, enthusiastic, resourceful, tech-savvy, forward-thinking, and a creative problem solver. You like to work in a fast-paced environment, are highly responsive to phone calls and text messages, and are quick with numbers. While not required, special consideration will be given to candidates with experience in meat and seafood procurement and merchandising, grocery merchandising and sales, or with experience in prepared foods manufacturing.
This position will directly report to our Management Team and will work with the Operations and Customer Success teams to ensure high quality sourcing while maintaining margins. Being a self-starter and a clear, effective communicator are essential traits you must possess. You should readily take ownership of your work and be customer-obsessed. Through our Customer Success Team, you will receive timely reports of your customers’ likes and dislikes.
Your main duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Order and maintain appropriate levels of stock inventory by analyzing inventory turns
- Establish and maintain highly effective relationships with farmers, distributors, and makers by communicating readily and frequently via phone, text, and email
- Negotiate fair prices with vendors to reach our sales and margin goals
- Ensure effective product sell through (i.e. reduce/eliminate spoilage)
- Track and project product movements
- Forecast future sales
- Document and report all issues (including missing items, damage and poor quality) to both the supplier and Finance Team to ensure proper credits are issued. Ensure correct invoice processing and manage payment pipeline for applicable categories.
- Advise Production Team on appropriate packaging material and storage practices for all items in the categories you manage.
- Coordinate with warehouse receiving to assess timeliness, accuracy, and quality of product deliveries.
- Input new products into system and ensure cost and retail price of all items are up-to-date
- Communicate all new product facts and stories to the Marketing Team.
- Coordinate with the marketing team to communicate vendor promotions and follow through on analysis and collection of promotional dollars.
- Work alongside members of the procurement team to plan product rollout/quarterly sourcing strategy.
Hours are subject to change based on business needs.
Candidate should have:
- Superior communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of meat, seafood, prepared, or pantry products
- Advanced Excel/Google sheets and other online software skills
- Ability to take initiative, identify and resolve issues, and support a positive and professional work environment
- Great budgeting skills: attention to detail, COG's and understanding profit margins
- Ability to juggle communication and negotiation with multiple vendors on a daily basis
- A high tolerance for chaos and a passion for innovation. We are a startup!
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline