Shipping and Receiving Coordinator JK Adams Company
- Date Posted April 07, 2021
- Location Dorset, VT
- Category Business / Production
- Job type Full-Time
At J.K. Adams, we believe that the kitchen is the heart of the home. It is this belief that drives us to create the highest quality, hand-crafted products for cooking and entertaining. It is our job to give you the tools to make cooking and entertaining easy and fun. We love to hear about the well-used carving board that serves one family’s Thanksgiving turkey year after year or the cutting board used to prep a great dinner for friends. It is these stories from our customers that keep us going.
J.K. Adams was founded on December 31, 1944. Times have changed but we are proud to say that our values have not. We remain committed to producing high-quality kitchen and housewares products by hand from North American hardwoods in Dorset, Vermont. We are a second-generation family-owned business with employees that have been with us for years and who are proud of the products we produce together.
Our mission is to put a J.K. Adams product in the hands of every person who is passionate about their kitchen, about the food they make, and about the connections made while entertaining with good food and good friends.
We will design and produce products that are exceptional from a functional, aesthetic, and quality standpoint.
We will continually work to prove that well run companies with committed and customer focused employees can grow and prosper by producing high quality products in an environmentally and socially responsible manner in the United States.
Job Overview: The Shipping and Receiving Coordinator is responsible for the supervision and coordination of all shipping and receiving activities to meet customers’ (internal and external) schedules. This person will also ensure that materials are received and moved to designated areas for storage and the trucks are staged and shipped on time.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with Operation Manager to plan and implement overall shipping strategy.
- Provides direction and leadership to all shipping and receiving personnel on all shifts.
- Coordinates activities of personnel to cover scheduled requirements.
- Ensures that all personnel are following appropriate department procedures.
- Mandates that personnel are licensed and trained to use Company-owned equipment and other vehicles.
- Ensures that shipping and receiving areas inside and outside are safe and well-organized.
- Optimizes allocated space for the most effective stock put-away, picking, and FIFO.
- Maintain inventory in locations with accordance to the Master Inventory Map and revise as necessary.
- Recommends measures to improve material handling methods, and assists production department during any material handling absences, when applicable.
- Enforce Dock Audit procedure on all shipments/all docks/all customers/all parts.
- Maintains time, attendance, and production records.
- Responsible for ensuring forklifts are inspected daily, including maintenance and repairs.
- Provides support to manufacturing area as needed.
- Ensures cycle counts are performed as requested.
- Resolves shipping issues and customer complaints.
- Enter all received product into inventory program.
- Oversee printing of labels and bar codes.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Associates degree or equivalent from 2-year college or technical school preferred.
- Five years’ experience in a related shipping or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Forklift Certification is a plus.
- Able to lift 50lbs.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineApril 30, 2021 Attachment click here to download the attached document.