Lead Pastry Chef Mariposa Baking Company +1 more
- Date Posted April 09, 2021
- Location Oakland, CA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Leading Pastry Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Supervises and manages Pastry Team Members. Manage all day-to-day pastry operations. Understand employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Establishes and maintains collaborative relationship with Team Members and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Strong ability to supervise and work with people in a multi-cultural environment where several languages are spoken
Ensuring Pastry Standards
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Ensures Team Members maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
• Hands on experience working with an extensive variety of pastries, including laminated products and sheeted doughs
• Prepares pastry items within team – including sheeted cookies, scones, galettes, pie crusts, cakes, cupcakes and pie crusts.
• Checks the quality of pastry products to ensure that standards are met.
• Ensures Team Members work with ingredients, doughs using FIFO.
Planning Pastry Work
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Work with Production Management with respect to production schedules, staffing, safety and quality control
• Other administrative duties as assigned
Ensuring Safety Standards
• Ensure Team Members are working safely. Report safety concerns to Production Manager.
• Be able to lift up to 50 lbs. or more without any trouble
Education and Experience:
• Degree from accredited culinary school, Pastry Arts preferred
• 4 years experience in a high volume bakery
• Gluten-Free baking experience preferred (but not essential)
• Working knowledge of gums and their role in the formulation of baked goods preferred but not essential
This is a Full-Time position. Hours are: 6:00am - 2:30pm
Benefits: Dental after 30 days, Medical after 90 days, 401k after one year
• Ability to stand on your feet for an entire shift
• Bend and stoop to grasp objects. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat
• Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 25 pounds
• Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation
• Environmental exposures to extreme temperatures (freezers) Compensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineJune 08, 2021