Kitchen Production Assistant Hudson Valley Charcuterie-Raven&Boar; +1 more
- Date Posted April 09, 2021
- Location East Chatham, NY
- Category Agriculture / Culinary
- Job type Part-Time
ABOUT HUDSON VALLEY CHARCUTERIE:
Hudson valley Charcuterie produces small batch artisanal and seasonal value added products including sausage and pate exclusively from our own pigs raised on Raven & Boar Farm. We source ingredients including herbs and seasonal vegetables from local Hudson Valley and regional farms.
ABOUT RAVEN & BOAR FARM:
Raven & Boar farm raises pastured heritage pigs on 100 wooded acres in East Chatham, NY.
We are a small family-owned pig farm producing custom and artisanal Raven & Boar value added products in East Chatham, New York as Hudson Valley Charcuterie. Both the Farm and Charcuterie are managed by Ruby Duke.
ABOUT OUR PIGS:
We raise various heritage breed pigs including: glochester old spot, hereford, berkshire, red wattle, tamworth and large blacks. The pigs diet includes local grain, planted forage crops like diakon, beets, oats and peas.
● Participate in the activities of the Kitchen as directed by the Owner.
● Participate in preparation and production of kitchen products as part of a kitchen team and assist Owner and Lead Butcher with any other basic food production duties as per the recipes for daily production schedule.
● As required, wash all equipment, pots, utensils, bins, surfaces, fridges and freezer units as per the requirements of the production schedule, maintaining the highest levels of sanitation, cleanliness and organization as per HACCP, Ag & Markets requirements as specified.
● Perform all duties for Retail and Wholesale production including prepping ingredients, packaging, sausage stuffing and cleaning as directed by the Owner and in coordination with the Owner and the Lead Butcher.
● Maintain timely and accurate production. Jobs completed to time and quality standards.
● Minimize waste by using accuracy in portioning.
● Other duties and responsibilities, as instructed by Owner and Lead Butcher.
● Maintain the highest levels of professionalism in the presence of HVC’s Federal Inspector, Customers, Vendors and Contractors.
● Must work as part of a team and work independently on daily and rotating responsibilities. Use your own initiative to meet production needs.
● Minimum 1 year experience necessary in relation to food preparation on the basis of dealing with high risk food and the highest area for the risk of cross contamination. Whilst detailed knowledge of Food Hygiene Law is not required, after on the job training, there is an expectation of an ability to learn through experience and training given that the role involves the operation and cleaning of some very technical and expensive production equipment.
● Current holder of a ServSafe qualification desirable, although full training may be made available for the right applicant.
● The food production environment can be a physically demanding environment requiring substantial physical effort at times with heavy lifting ( 50lbs + ) and sometimes long periods of repetitive tasks. A certain degree of bending, stretching, twisting and constant movement is required and ability to work at a quick pace during production.
● A high level of flexibility is required to cover changes in services, dependent on business levels and requirements. Demands to meet production goals and to provide function coverage, requires co-operation and must be prepared to extend working hours at short notice within limits.
● Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
● Can properly handle knives and other related equipment and tools.
● Effective time management and multitasking skills.
● Passion for local food, farming and the desire to learn more required.
● Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
● Servsafe food handling certification and HACCP certification a plus.
● Knowledge of NY Ag & Markets, NYS-DOH, HACCP and USDA standards and processes preferred.
● Ability to stand and work for extended periods of time in hot or cold kitchen temperatures.
● Able to work both in a team and with limited social contact.
● Problem solving under pressure or adverse conditions in a calm and calculated manner to see multiple projects to completion.
● Adaptability and flexibility with regards to completing tasks with ever-changing priorities.
Hudson Valley Charcuterie is also hiring Driver + Farmers Market Team Members that could be combined with Kitchen Production Assistant duties for the right applicant. Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline