Creative Cook for Camp Kitchen Camp Betsey Cox, Inc.
- Date Posted April 28, 2021
- Location Pittsford, VT
- Category Culinary / Education
- Job type Summer Job
Our mission states: Camp Betsey Cox develops strong, capable, imaginative girls who will make a positive difference in their world with self-confidence, independent decision-making capabilities, and with a passion for the outdoors. Job description
Integral member of the kitchen team at a residential girl’s summer camp:
- 8 camper weeks- June 27-August 21
- 1 Staff Orientation week June 20-June 26
- Team member in a summer camp kitchen dedicated to providing creative menus and preparing good, healthy food three meals a day in collaboration with Head Cook.
- Meals incorporate locally sourced food, accommodation of a variety of dietary choices including: gluten free, lactose intolerant, vegetarian, vegan, and include camp program themes upon occasion.
- 2021 Community is about 140 people and includes about 35 vegetarians, and about a dozen special dietary choices.
Responsibilities in detail:
- Work with Head Cook to set menus and to share in the preparation of three meals per day as a kitchen team, schedule to be set by the team and the Head Cook.
- Assist with the ordering/procurement of ingredients for the menus
- Assist kitchen staff with all tasks needed to run a smooth kitchen.
- Meet all health and safety standards according to state and camp standards
- communicate daily with the directors formally or informally as circumstances require
- Interact with campers and their parents as necessary (opening days)
- Participate as a member of the full camp staff as necessary and with the full camp community as possible and desired
- Salaried position for the 9 week season-$5000
- On site housing and all meals and time off rotation.
- Willing to design internship requirements for position
- Limited seasonal health insurance during the season
- Camp program for any sons or daughters age 9-14
- Full access to camp activities and facilities during the season
- Completion of high school or the equivalent, or further studies.
- Interest in lifelong learning
- Interest in working in a multigenerational, residential community
- Experience in kitchens
- Servesafe certified not required but beneficial