Traveling (Satellite) Event Crew Outstanding In The Field
- Date Posted May 05, 2021
- Location Santa Cruz, CA
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job type Part-Time
Outstanding in the Field is currently hiring "Satellite" Crew Members for our 2021 Summer/Fall Tour, which starts and ends in Santa Cruz, CA, and runs from June 22 through November 14th.
We produce events up and down the coast of California during the month of June, and make a loop through the Pacific Northwest, the Rockies, the Midwest, the Northeast, and the Southern states of the country between July and October. The tour wraps up mid-November in our home state of California for the final events of the season.
Our company works with local farmers, beer & wine producers and chefs to produce high-end, fine-dining events on farms, beaches, wineries, mountain tops and city streets all across the US. "Satellite" Crew members follow the tour in their own vehicles and work alongside the Core Tour Crew as front of house staff for set-up, service and breakdown of each event.
"Satellite" Crew members are paid hourly, and are welcome to join us at any point, for any length of time during the five month tour.
The "Satellite" position is a choose-your-own-adventure! Come out for one event, a few in your region, or see the entire country through the lens of sustainable farming. "Satellites" are responsible for their own transportation to and from events, as well as planning their own travel/lodging accommodations along the way. Make your vehicle your home, pack a tent, make some money as you explore the country and join us on the road!!
To learn more about Outstanding in the Field please visit our website at: https://outstandinginthefield.com/
You can find this season's tour schedule here:
To assist the Outstanding in the Field tour crew in providing a consistent and memorable experience for the guests. To help the OITF tour crew in the execution of events.
- Setup & teardown of the table, service station, outdoor kitchen, and reception
- Unpacking & packing of supplies & equipment
- Parking cars & greeting guests
- Serving – providing excellent customer service; accurately and enthusiastically explaining the wine and food to the guests, with emphasis on the origin of ingredients and the story behind each dish
- Working under the direction of the FOH manager
- Transportation to events, timely arrival, presentable appearance, and positive attitude
- Extensive FOH/BOH restaurant experience and knowledge of proper service
- Ability to work efficiently and with a sense of urgency
- Ability to comfortably lift up to 50 lbs.
- Part-time, hourly work
- Traveling in tandem with the Outstanding in the Field tour
- Transportation, room, and board is not provided; occasionally it will be possible to camp on the farms or with the OITF team; the general expectation is that you travel independently from the crew
- Events are outdoors and you are routinely exposed to “the elements” including sun, heat, wind, and rain
- Day-of-event work hours may extend beyond 10 hours
- Staff are expected to be strong and physically capable
Compensation: $18/hr + time and a half after 8 hours