Lead Chef Culinary Artistas LLC
- Date Posted May 05, 2021
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Category Culinary / Education
- Job type Part-Time
Culinary Artistas was founded on the idea that cooking is a language that connects us to our cultures, bodies, minds, souls, and most of all, to each other. We truly value each employee as an individual and aim to cherish your individuality while creating collective goals that grow us together. As Head Chef, you will play an essential role in the day-to-day operational success of our corporate virtual and kids cooking programs. We’re looking for a dependable and organized individual with strong teaching skills and industry experience who is ready to join a small (but mighty!) team.
This position will start as part-time (15-20hrs/week) and will grow to full time within the first year, providing that the business returns to normal operations. This job will require work outside of normal business hours, including evenings and weekends.
RESPONSIBILITIES (3-12 hrs/wk):
Virtual Events Responsibilities
- Lead various virtual events for corporate clients (varies based on bookings) - 3-15 hr/wk
- Create grocery lists and shop for weekly studio needs - 2 hrs/wk
- Tidy up kitchen, clean fridge, check for cleaning and other supplies, and create a “show ready” backdrop for events in studio - 0.5 hr/wk
- Test, revise, edit and transition recipes in Google Slides template for virtual events - 1 hr/wk
- Potential: Assist kit packing team with sourcing products and Ingredient Kit building - 2-5 hr/wk
- Potential: Collaborate with sales and kit-building team, oversee kit orders and redeliveries of kit shipments, and assist with keeping our events platform (Triple Seat) up to date - 2 hrs/wk
In Person Events, once shelter-in-place is lifted (time commitment will depend on events schedule) (10-40 hrs/wk)
- Plan and lead all private events (catering, cooking classes, etc) - TBD 4-15 hr/wk
- Assist with private events on evenings and weekends - 3-6 hrs/wk
- Assist with private events hosted in outdoor space, set up by the square - 1-3 hr/wk
- Train and onboard in-person private event staff - 1 hrs/wk
- Potential: to hire kitchen assistant(s) as reopening commences - TBD
- Menu development for catering and private events - 1-3 hrs/wk
- Tidy up kitchen, clean fridge, check for cleaning and other supplies, and create a “show ready” studio for events - 2 hr/wk
- Professional culinary training or experience working in the food industry is required. We welcome qualified chefs, instructors and students from culinary schools, personal chefs, retired food service professionals, and kitchen enthusiasts!
- Ability to command the kitchen
- Confidence and experience leading kids classes, adult classes, and catering events in-person and virtually
- Love for creative, wholesome and vegetarian-forward cooking and recipe development
- Experience developing menus - creating, testing, and writing recipes
- Able to problem solve and take initiative independently with minimal supervision
- Reliable, dependable, and true to one’s word; an individual who takes pride in everyday work
- Able to represent the mission of our brand: bringing edible education and love of food to corporate teams and kids. Must bring a positive, bright, team-oriented attitude.
- Interest, proficiency, and comfort in working with children between the ages of 3-14 years old
- Enthusiastic, proficient and professional persona, comfortable cooking and teaching for corporate team audiences.
- Experience with Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Slides; comfortable with working within event management & shipping softwares (we use TripleSeat and XPS)
- Ability to set up a beautiful virtual and live kitchen space.
- Knowledge of videography and video platforms like zoom, a plus.
- Ability to travel to studio location. Vehicle owner is a plus.
- Must have a current First Aid/CPR certificate
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineJune 30, 2021