Farm Assistant Pin Oak Farm
- Date Posted June 03, 2021
- Location St Leonard, DC
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
The farm is new with a long term view and a deeply held belief that healthy land creates health food. Job description This position requires prior farming experience and familiarity with livestock management.
You must have a valid driver's license, work authorization, and be able to work outdoors in all weather. You should be able to lift 50 pounds and have prior experience operating basic farm machinery. Limited local driving of the farm's truck/van are required to pick up feed and supplies and occasionally deliver eggs.
The position is full time. We will consider a farm couple or job share.
Support Owner/Operators with:
• Animal care to include daily feeding and watering of sheep, chickens and turkeys
• Livestock management to include setting up and taking down temporary fences in pastures and assisting with moving animals as directed according to grazing plan
• Assistance with keeping livestock enclosures and mobile houses cleaned and maintained
- Assist owner with breeding and lambing tasks (seasonally)
• Maintain clean and tidy condition of entire site especially areas where egg and meats are stored
• As directed maintain pastures and silvopastures with periodic mowing, reseeding, and tree maintenance Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions