Produce Prescription Program Manager DC Greens Inc
- Date Posted June 28, 2021
- Location Washington, DC
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
DC Greens uses the levers of food education, food access, and food policy to advance food justice in the nation’s capital. We do this by:
Focusing on transformational changes at the systems-level
Building bridges between government, private sector, communities and non-profits
Developing advocacy channels to amplify marginalized voices
Curating best practices and leveraging existing infrastructure
Responding to community needs
Providing thought leadership
One day all people will be powered by food that sustains the environment, reinvests in local economies, and improves well-being and health.Our Values
DC Greens’ values are at the heart of our work. These values reinforce each other, and are never practiced in isolation. We strive to align all of our work – both external and internal – to these values, and believe they are central to accomplishing our mission and vision.
Collaboration: We value collaboration over competition and enter every relationship looking for common ground.
Integrity: We believe that change moves at the pace of trust, and that we must work diligently to earn and maintain trust in every relationship. This includes being transparent and accountable, conducting ourselves with integrity, being responsive to needs, and treating others with compassion.
Creativity: We believe that a measure of creativity is necessary to find new solutions to old problems. While we are pragmatic in our approach, we value outside-the-box thinking, bringing equal measures of optimism and creative visioning into our work.
Sustainability: We believe that large-scale system change can only occur with sustainable solutions. We value sustainability in all of its meanings – seeking to engender change that is both environmentally sound and that shifts cultural priorities so that structures are put in place to support the work into the future.
Equity: We believe that our work can play a role in dismantling structural oppression. We value the perspectives and experiences of all people, and respect all forms of knowledge. We will work to ensure that marginalized voices are at the table and that their voices inform our work.
DC Greens, a non-profit organization that advances health equity by building a just and resilient food system in the nation's capital, is currently seeking a Produce Rx Program Manager.
The Produce Rx Program is designed to integrate healthy food access into the healthcare system. It allows medical professionals to prescribe fresh fruit and vegetables to patients experiencing diet-related chronic illnesses and participating patients receive a weekly coupon to spend on produce, as well as wrap-around nutrition education. The Program Manager is responsible for leading the implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation of the Produce Rx program. Since 2012, DC Greens has implemented a Produce Rx program in collaboration with health care centers and food retail. Through this program we aim to integrate produce prescriptions into the health care payment system. Our approach and partnerships have evolved over time towards this goal and the person in this role will be responsible for continuing the work to match program implementation with our policy goals in collaboration with DC Greens Programs and Policy Departments. The Produce Rx Program Manager reports to the Programs Director and manages 2 or more program support staff.
You are an ideal candidate if you are creative; well-versed in program management, monitoring and evaluation; adept at cross-sectoral collaboration; and committed to building a just food system for the people of D.C.
Essential Job Requirements
Program Implementation & Management
- Lead implementation and management of Produce Rx program activities, to include, but not be limited to:
- Develop and disseminate program protocols to program participants and program partners, including clinics, MCOs, grocery retail, and funders
- Establish strong and trusting communication channels with program partners
- Coordinate and attend regular meetings with program partners
- Conduct regular site visits to health clinics and grocery partners
- Establish channels for participant input into program implementation
- Supervise program support staff
- Complete and submit any required grant or partner reports
- The program budget & grant(s) funding
- Contributes to the fundraising and development activities of the organization for the Produce Rx program by prospecting new funding sources, maintaining relationships with existing funders, and participating in an expert capacity in meetings with potential funders
- Support implementation of DC Greens policy strategy in collaboration with the Policy Director and the policy cell
- Shapes program design and evaluation to meet the organization’s policy goals and contributes as a subject matter expert in shaping the organization’s policy goals around produce prescription and food as medicine
Program Monitoring & Evaluation
- Supervise the collection, review, and analysis of monthly health and produce prescription redemption data
- Coordinate and oversee M&E activities with partner organizations, including DC Health Care Finance, MCOs, Giant Food, and clinical partners
- Lead program design adjustments in close consultation with program partners, third-party program evaluator(s), and DC Greens staff
- Manage contract with third-party program evaluation partner(s)
- Maintain records for and audit partner invoicing and payments
- Maintain grant files and ensure that reporting deadlines are met
- Support and maintain regular external communications about program results and implementation via social media and inputs to organizational newsletters
- Present on program design, goals, results, and implementation to local, regional, and national audiences
- Respond to requests for information from new and potential food sector and clinical partners and community members
- When assigned, lead and participate in subject matter relevant communities of practice and local and national coalitions
- Additional related duties, as needed
- Demonstrated commitment to racial justice and equity; experience and cultural competence working with historically oppressed peoples and a strategic understanding of social change
- Demonstrated commitment to the vision and mission of DC Greens’ work; experience with advancing food justice initiatives in the District
- 5+ years work experience in program coordination and/or program management, monitoring and evaluation (within a nonprofit setting, preferred)
- Experience supervising and managing the work of other team members
- Demonstrated experience working with health care systems and/or knowledge of Medicaid
- Demonstrated experience maintaining and coordinating cross-sectoral collaborations
- High level of proficiency with Apple iOS, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite
- Clear oral and written communication skills with experience shaping messages to relevant stakeholders
Salary & Benefits
This is a regular, full-time (40 hours/week) salary, exempt position. The salary range for this position is $69,150 to $74,400 commensurate with experience. There is a generous benefits package (medical/dental/vision, disability/life insurance, 25 days PTO, employer match on retirement contributions after 1 year, flexible schedule). DC Greens does have a telework policy that allows employees to work remotely. Due to the current pandemic all employees are currently working remotely but being physically present in the office may be a requirement in the future.Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions